Sign in to follow this  
BennieH

Goodyear Date Codes

On the 2003 Camelot we purchased last year, the tires are Goodyear G661 HSA tires. They were introduced in 2009, so we know they are newer than that. I have looked all over the tires for the date codes and no luck finding anything that matches what is described on line.

Lots of numbers, but nothing following "DOT". Would some photos help?

Maybe a trip to a Goodyear dealer?

Thanks,

You state there is "nothing following "DOT"...the following is an explanation on the letters and numbers after DOT. If you truly don't have a tire with any letters/numbers I guess I would be concerned.

DOT Serial Number
The "DOT" symbol certifies the tire manufacturer's compliance with the U.S. Department of Transportation tire safety standards. Below is a description of the serial number. Starting with the year 2000, four numbers are used for the Date of Manufactuer, first two numbers identify the week and the last two numbers identify the year of manufacture. Prior to year 2000 three numbers are used for the Date of manufacture, first two numbers identify the week and the last number identifies the year of manufacture. To identify tires manufactured in the 90's a decade symbol (a triangle on its side) is located at the end of the DOT serial number.
sidewall_bottom1.jpg
Reference Symbol (certifies the tire manufacturer’s compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation tire safety standards
sidewall_bottom2.jpg
Manufacturer’s Plant Identification Code
sidewall_bottom3.jpg
Tire Size Code Number
sidewall_bottom4.jpg
Tire Type Code (coding for type of tire optional by manufacturer
sidewall_bottom5.jpg
Date of Manufacture - Example 5203 (52nd week of 2003)

Bennie,

The last for digits that indicate the week and year of production are only molded into one sidewall of each tire. It may be facing outward or it may be in the inward facing sidewall. It WILL be there.

Found them. Crawled under and looked at the inside. 0513 on the 3 I could see. So they're from the 5th week of 2013! Horay, Don't need to worry about that for a while.

Thanks Wolfe10!

I am used to my cars and the "c" we had where the codes were easy to locate.