Sign in to follow this  
charlie182

Floor Damage Due to Slide Roller

I am new to FMCA and this is my first post to the Blog. I just returned from a 3 month trip and took my 38ft 2006 Fleetwood Expedition to the RV shop for some maintenance. I included a carpet cleaning as part of the work order. The day after getting the RV back (after 2 weeks) we went on a trip. When we pull out the slides there was a large deep gouge in the vinyl floor caused by one of the rollers digging in the floor. During our summer trip of extending and retracting the slides multiple times I never had any damage. I plan to discuss this with the owner of the shop but need some advise on what could have caused this damage. I believe they must have done something wrong when they extended the slides (didn't level the unit, move the unit while slides were extended, or whatever). I suspect they will say that the slide was out of adjustment. Any input will be helpful.

Thanks

I have the same problem with my Fleetwood Southwind. I am due to go in for service on the 28th of Oct.

I have the gouges (indentions from roller wear as well) on my last day out, the slide hesitated before coming in. From what I can

find out that there are adjustments that can be made. The question being is how does it get out of adjustment like that.

My rig is always level before extending etc

Right now I am afraid to open my driver side slide for the fear of it causing some real damage.

Here is a link from another website irv2 http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264845&goto=newpost

Charlie,

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum.

If you can see the problem roller check to see if something may have become lodged under the roller. If you do find something don't remove it but take it back to the shop. If you find nothing then check to see if the roller rolls freely. It could be a stuck roller can cause problems.

Herman

Herman - After I pulled the slide in I looked under to see if there was anything that may be stuck there causing the gouge. Did not see anything. I'll check to see if the rollers roll freely and let you know what I find.

Thanks

FYI, adjusting the slides is a serious issue. We were at a rally where the factory had numerous techs. They would not adjust my slides and said they adjust the slides only at the factory in case there is a problem.