dmkroona

Motorhome Purchase Recommendation

dmkroona,

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you currently have or have ever had a Motor Home? How do you envision using the coach?

If you have never owned a motor home before let me suggest that you rent one. If you enjoy the outing then you will have an idea of what you would like in your own coach. However if you find that you did not like the outing then you are only out the cost of the rental and not tied up with an very large expense.

Both the Manufacturers you mentioned make fine coaches. Being said there are many more fine coaches being made today. Some will have the floor plan that is right for you.

Hope you find what fits your needs and can go and enjoy.

Herman

Welcome to the forum.

As Herman said what is your experience level and I am wondering how you settled on these two coaches. I would recommend looking at used coaches to start with (after doing the rental thing as Herman recommended) as you will learn a lot about how a floor plan works for you by living in one. After some experience you may be better able to select something better suited to your likes and lifestyle.

Bill

Yes should have mention that we used to own two different American Eagles: 1999 & 2001, both purchased new. Sold the last one back in 2007. Been coach less since.

Now looking to make purchase, not sure we want to go back with American. Hearing great things about Newmar. Thicker side walls, quieter coach, etc etc. As far as floor plan rear bath it is.

Also another question, going to spend $300,000 to $500,000 on a fiberglass coach new or used, is purchasing a used Prevost a better way to go? We know no rear bath in a Prevost or 4 slides for extra room. Spending $500,000 on a used Prevost Liberty that gets you a 12 year unit. Maybe many components to go wrong? Just not sure.

Thank you big time for your comments.

DK

DK,

It seems that you have been down this road before. We all have our favorite make of coach. And which one is best for you has to be up to you. As you are aware of, you can spend half a million dollars on a coach and end up with a lemon or spend $100,000.00 and get one of the best coaches on the road. So my advise is to look, look and then look some more. Then one day you will walk up to a coach and Bam, it will hit you, "This is the one".

Good luck and we all hope you find the one that suits you best.

Herman