sumterjim

Flat Towing 2016 GMC Canyon RWD

I am considering purchasing a RWD verse a four wheel drive 2016 GMC Canyon and installing a transmission oil pump.

Since the 2016 has the same transmission as the 2015 I am requesting feedback from those that are flat towing a 2015 RWD Canyon or Colorado with pump.

I'm not driving that model vehicle, but I am using a Remco transmission pump on my 2007 Cadillac CTS. I've had no issues with the pump and the car has shown no signs of problems.

Thanks for your comments, have decided to go with the drive shaft disconnect. I now need some advice/guidance concerning the requirement to disconnect the elec. assist steering while flat towing.

Thanks again for feedback on using a drive shaft disconnect verse pump. I now request feedback on using a battery charging cable to keep the battery charged for the electric steering assist, verse disconnecting the negative battery cable as instructed in owners manual. I prefer using the charging cable to have power to operate the brake buddy and vehicle lights..

Confused! Never had a GMC 4x4 Canyon, but used to have a Colorado 4x4, last one was a 2012. Flat towed and never had to have

anything by Remco, just put in N and hold the 2 buttons down until they stopped blinking, take out key and go!

What am I missing?

Carl

Carl,

The list could be long. :lol::D

The same with my Silverado. However some time after 2012 GM put the steering wheel lock back in. Also there is something about the newer vehicles with electronic steering that needs power with the key in the accessory position. On my 2003 Yukon on my first trip I left the key in the accessory position and it racked up mileage. :( I am afraid that I don't have any knowledge about the new steering systems. :huh:

Herman

OK. GM doesn't feel there are enough buyers in the RV market, therefore we have Hondas and Jeeps as toads!

Carl

Manual or automatic? I have had only automatics 09' and 12' both V8, with 2" lifts and 32" tires. Never had a problem towing!

Carl