Sign in to follow this  
smar500

Banff and Lake Louise

My wife and I are planning on going to Alberta during August, 2016. We've not found much success in locating a campground(s). The Provincial Park Service's website was awkward to use, and internet searches haven't produced results. So we are looking for your ideas. We have a 37' Class A and are towing a CR-V. Thanks for your thoughts.

Steve Martin

Memphis, TN

While the Provincial Parks web site may be awkward to use, we found the parks at Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff to have very serviceable campsites. We didn't make reservations and had to spend two nights in a site with no utilities to get to a serviced site but the park access was good. We made reservations a week ahead of time for each of the remaining parks and had no problems getting a serviced site suitable for our rig. We also stayed in a number of private parks that were listed in the campground guides so I'm certain there will be plenty of sites available on RV Park Reviews that John cited.

We were at the tunnel Camp Ground in 2010 & in 2013 , had no reservation either time ,and this was in August & July

had no Problems getting in ,they have 3 Camps ,#1 is the most preferred ,there You have full hook up , and it will be hard to get

in without Reservation .the 2 others not so much .They are very spacious Spots and also supplied firewood at no charge

(and you want it if you want to be outside) .both times the Moscitos were terrible. Make sure to bring repellant ,its very

costly in Canada. We dit not find a CG at Lake Louise,But don't miss it .Hope this helps

Old Marine