genepatb

Dash Lights Flicker, Even With Key Out

I have a problem with my 2002 Damon Ultrasport. My dash information lights start blinking and flickering on and off, even with the key out. I can turn the key on and off and the flickering stops. This will happen about every two weeks.

genepatb

With the key out? Sounds like a solenoid is not closing or a lose ground wire. Have you checked the ignition switch wires with a meter?

Carl

Gene,

I suspect a possible loose ground. The dash lights should not be running through the ignition switch. Do they flicker when driving down the road or just when stopped? In my opinion it must be a bad ground.

Herman

Gene, see if Damon can give you ground locations, and verify they are clean and connected properly. I had a Coachmen Class A gas in the shop a few years back that Coachmen had relocated a Ford ground to a piece of plastic that the self tapping screw was supposed to be long enough to hit the steel which wasn't directly behind the plastic, the screw never penetrated the steel, it was just scratching the steel, so intermittently the instrument cluster would go crazy on the customer.