CAPKELLY

Slide Leaks 2007 Monaco Knight

I have 2007 Monaco Knight 40' pdq. I have been to 2 different "top notch repair centers".

First one Master tech rv in Elkhart,In. Leak not fixed. Second repair shop in Wildwood, Fl, Alliance Coach. Later used to be a Monaco Service Center.

Had coach 5 days leak not fixed! Leak rear curb side has a cable mechanism made by Accuslide. Leak soaks carpet on floor near front of slide on floor.I can not see water running in on top of slide or side of slide. Leak occurs whether slide open or closed?

Leak was water tested at Alliance Coach with hose running over roof and slide.

Looking for advice as to where I can get specialized slide leak repair service?

When was the last time you had your roof checked for re caulking ? Your leak may not be the slide, could be coming from another area via capillary action! As far as a leak test is concerned that is normally done in an enclosed bay under high pressure, like a heavy rain storm. I do mine at Lazydays in Tampa and that is about the only thing they know how to do well !

Carl

Cap,

Have you narrowed down the wet conditions to only during rain/snow events? Or, are you seeing water most all the time?

As Carl mentions above, the water may not be coming from the slide area at all. Check to see if water may be leaking from fittings in the bathroom etc. and migrating to the bedroom carpeting. You may have done this already by keeping your water supply & water pump off.

If so, check other potential sources such as fridge, furnace & water heater covers for potential sources of entry and migration.

A few years ago Deb found water on the carpeting in our dinette area. At first I thought it was one of the poodles but after we cleaned that up and it persisted, further investigation led to the ice maker capillary tubing had a small pinhole in it. From that leak water migrated down across the tile and into the dinette.

Blake

"Had coach 5 days leak not fixed!"

That really doesn't mean anything. Most of that time it would be just sitting without anyone working on it.

Now if you paid for 40 hours of service, then that means something.

Unless you have paid to have it pressure/bubble testing, the service people are just guessing at the problem and experimenting

with a solution.

One of the dirty industry secrets is just how many technicians are parts replacement experts, but have huge gaps in their trouble

shooting skills.

======

Right HuffyPuff, pressure leak/bubble testing is a great procedure. It is one of the tests I will pay for as part of the

evaluation of a used coach or a 5th before I purchase it.

One can make a pretty good argument for have a leak test done annually as part of the preventative maintenance. Doing roof maintenance doesn't mean one hasn't discovered/stopped one or more existing leaks.

Over on another forum I had mentioned this test and got a lot of laughed at comments. I'm always amazed how many experienced RVers

do not stay on top of the industry technology.