parkerkevin65

Norcold Fridge in my 2002 Trailer won't stay lit on LP

Hello I have cleaned my burner tube assembly but it still does not work on LP gas  When I go outside and look at the flame it  is lit for about 15- 20 seconds, a small blue flame.  I hear a continued clicking sound and then the flame extinguishes and never turns back on. I go inside and my display panel on my fridge shows a "F".

Help! Very frustrating that I could not start the fridge on LP early this am. so it would be cold by this evening when we arrive at the campground.  I should mention that the trailer is level front to back and side to side  and I checked using a Carpenters level. 

Thanks!

Kevin.  CA. 

Edited by parkerkevin65

Kevin,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you checked that the thermocouple is properly located in the flame.  If the PC board does not receive "the flame is going" it will turn off the propane.

Kevin, Got to ask if the temperature setting is at max. 

Do you have 12 volts to the control board, The refrigerators do not like voltages below 10.5 volts in most cases and are the fuses OK.

The thermister  that controls the internal temperature is inside the refrigerator. The flame should keep burning once it lights and the control board is receiving information from the Thermister  that the temperature is not at the set point.

How much propane is in the tank ?

Rich.

Note, The connections can get oxidized - One can carefully clean the circuit board contacts with a clean / soft pencil eraser.   

Kevin, this is a link to some information on the Thermistor location, a picture and the resistance readings. You will need a multmeter to read resistance. Second page should have a picture and location information.

The control device is a thermistor NOT a thermalcouple  

https://www.arprv.com/norcold-thermistor.php

Rich.