fagnaml

"Top Quality" Texas Hill Country RV Resorts

I haven't seen many posts about high quality RV resorts in the Texas Hill Country so I thought I'd share the fantastic experiences my wife I had the last few months while enjoying our first ever motorhome we purchased in October 2015.  We highly recommend these RV resorts if you venture into the Texas Hill Country.

For a weekend outing last November, we stayed at the Alsatian RV Resort in Castroville, TX to recharge our personal batteries before the hectic holiday season.  This resort is only a couple of years old, has big, wide, concrete pad spaces and roadways, on-site restaurant and bar, and is immediately adjacent to the Alsatian Golf Course.  It is somewhat remotely located which gives a nice "out in the country" feel.  The resort is in short drive away from all things to do in San Antonio.   Here is the link to the Alsatian RV Resort web site --> http://www.alsatianresort.com/

This past February we ventured to the Texas Hill Country Wine Lovers Festival for Valentine's Day weekend.   We stayed at the Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville, TX.  We reserved a "lake overlook" spot in the "adults only" section of the resort which was fabulous.  RV sites are huge with concrete pad sites and roadways.  Amenities are fantastic including the first  "pickle-ball court" we've seen (we're not yet at the age that pickle-ball has hit our radar screens -- tennis and racquetball are our fortes).  Kerrville and this resort are a short drive from the many Texas Hill Country wineries.  This is the link to the Buckhorn Lake RV Resort web site --> http://www.buckhornlake.com/

And finally, while still owning a 32 foot travel trailer, two years ago we enjoyed the Texas Hill County Wine and Bluebonnets Festival.  We stayed at the newly opened Texas Wine Country Jellystone Camp-Resort.   This Jellystone is very nice and located a couple of miles east of Fredericksburg.  RV sites are average size with crushed granite pads and roadways.  As Jellystones should, the amenities cater to both families with children and empty-nesters.   This RV resort is in the middle of the Texas Hill/Wine Country.   Fredericksburg has many great restaurants and cottage shops to explore.  This is the link to the Texas Wind Country Jellystone --> http://twcjellystone.com/

Hope you find this info useful !

We stayed at Buckhorn Lakes Resort last year and were quite impressed with the resort.  I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a quality place to stay in the hill country.  We paid $43.xx a night for a short stay.  We'll stay again the next time we are traveling I-10.  The resort is just off the highway but the highway noise wasn't bad at all.  If you haven't discovered RV Park Reviews, you should take a look a the site and start posting reviews there.