Sign in to follow this  
ccmsm

Atlanta

Question

I will be in Perry Ga Sept 1st and need to go to Chattanooga Tenn.  I've been thru Atlanta several times but never with a 42' coach with a tow car. Would ya'll suggest 285 east or west or straight thru on I75.   Thanks,   ccmsm

3 answers to this question

They all work, but I prefer 285.  Just a little less traffic and better road.  Last time on 285W was after Perry FMCA rally in March.  I-75 downtown is no picnic!

Carl

Last time I took I-75 downtown Atlanta, was on a Saturday afternoon, left front tire went flat, "NEVER AGAIN".  East or West 285 about 15 to 20 miles farther but either direction is better than I-75.

I285 .... yeah I beg to differ on it being "better" and will say it depends. If you can leave out later in the evening I75 is the better option IMHO - but keep in mind I am from Baltimore where I have to deal with DC traffic so my perception of horrible traffic is different from most. 

Atlanta scares me to the point I never want to drive there again in a car much less our coach. 8 lanes and still traffic headaches --- someone help me understand that. 

Seriously, I285 daytime and if your later in the evening or at night I75 is shorter and less hectic.  Good luck on your trip