speck

Air vs Torsilastic Suspension

As I continue to look for my 1st Class A (used) I have come across Air Suspension and a BFG Torsilastic Suspension.  I would appreciate any comments or word of wisdom on either or both of these suspensions... The motorhomes I saw these on were Safari.

Since I don't get on here daily...

Thanks in advance to anyone with contributions.

Speck

Very familiar with both-- first coach had Torsilastic suspension.  Sold it with 170,000 miles. Currently driving an Alpine with air suspension (one of the better ones!).

Very good suspension when new.  Before even considering one, since parts are no longer available, is to verify that RIDE HEIGHT is correct, or that you have enough shims left that can be removed to get you in spec. There is a company that sells an "air over" booster air suspension for the Torsilastic.  But would not recommend getting into that unless you are very comfortable working with large vehicle suspensions.

Air suspensions are more universally used.  Yes, some are better than others, but most would consider air to be superior to Torsilastic.

Wolfe10

Thanks for the input.  I am amazed at the number of things to look at and checkout  while  looking for that 1special motor home to buy.

Again, thanks.

Speck,

I have one of those BFG Safari torsolactic sprung coaches with the installed supplemental air bag system. Honestly it is wonderful. The ride is as close to and air bag suspended coach as you will find.. The system is infinitely simpler than that of an air bag coach. I could go on and on, but having said that I have a Zanzibar for sale with 44,000 miles on it for sale. Please visit safariinternational.org for a full explanation of it and photos. There is not another like it around. I would be glad to elaborate further if you have any interest. I am also negotiable from the stated price.

Bill Edwards

Bill

It took awhile to find. There should be a dash between safari and international, sent me to a big game hunting site.

Nice looking coach should make someone a good unit with all the expensive repairs behind them.

Gary

Thanks for the correction Gary, I thought that it might be and then forgot to check.. Thanks for looking, Yes it is one really nice ole coach, we really enjoyed it. Janet likes the paint scheme better than the Panther for sure...! I hope some one recognizes the value in all that I did in terms of the hard costs. I have no blue sky in it and nothing for all the labor. Pure unadulterated fun!!!

Bill Edwards