Sign in to follow this  
truckr44@yahoo.com

Buying a Class A diesel pusher

Can anyone compare the Country Coach Affinity along with the Fleetwood American Coach Eagle? I am new to the forum, and have posted one other post. I am considering buying my first coach in March 2010, and I really like the CC Affinity. I would like to think that I would be traveling the country for a year or so, and see if I really like the RV lifestyle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also heard that Country Coach is now in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, so I would assume that would cancel any warranty.

Be patient. I am new to this forum, and have not figured out how to reply to any replies that I get.

Have a Blessed Day.

Can anyone compare the Country Coach Affinity along with the Fleetwood American Coach Eagle? I am new to the forum, and have posted one other post. I am considering buying my first coach in March 2010, and I really like the CC Affinity. I would like to think that I would be traveling the country for a year or so, and see if I really like the RV lifestyle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also heard that Country Coach is now in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, so I would assume that would cancel any warranty.

Country Coach makes a very nice motorhome as does American Coach by Fleetwood. The Eagle is about $500,000 less than the CC Affinity for starters.

You need to post whether you intend to purchase a new coach or a used one. Buying new to travel for a year or so would not be a very good idea as you will loose a lot of money if you found it not to your liking. I would recommend buying a used coach to try the fulltime lifestyle, you can always upgrade.

Green Beaver, thanks for the reply. I am looking at used, because I have seen other posts about losing money as soon as you drive off lot. The one I am looking at, 07 cc affinity at a dealer. I do like the American Coach Eagle though.

Thanks,

Mike

Green Beaver, thanks for the reply. I am looking at used, because I have seen other posts about losing money as soon as you drive off lot.

Thanks,

Mike

I sure do wish this myth would die, the only way you would loose money is if you bought the motorhhome and then took it to the dealer down the street to trade in. You won't loose money until you sell it. This myth has been around a long long time, first time I heard it was when I was shopping for a new car. You buy retail, the dealer buys wholesale.

Buying a used coach is a very good idea, most of the bugs should be worked out by now or fixed. We looked at both of those brands and Tiffin, Alfa, Bounder, Safari. Didn't look at Beavers, thought we couldn't afford one. Found the one we have in Mesa, just traded in the day before I looked at it. Also looked at a Safari Panther 455 the same day, the 42' length scared me off, both were the same price. I am very happy with the Beaver as is the wife, now. We did some remodeling and I have to admit I like what we did.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/B...orhome%20Stuff/

I also removed the TV from over the drivers seat and installed a ceiling mount in the center under the cabinates for a 32' LCD. I'm using the old TV cabinate for the VCR/DVD/Surround sound system. The DVDs now fit in the overhead cabinates.

When you go look at motorhomes pretend you are living in it, get in the shower, sit on the toilet, lay down on the bed and couch, pretend to make a meal and wash dishes. All the things you will be doing when you travel in it.

Be patient. I am new to this forum, and have not figured out how to reply to any replies that I get.

Have a Blessed Day.

My wife and I love our Monaco Dynasty. We purchased it from the original owner. The gentleman owned a RV dealership that sold Bounders. He bought a Monaco for his own coach. However since this will be your first coach,let me suggest that you rent a couch for a week if you haven't already done so. It will be expensive. But if you and your wife do not like it it will be a lot less then buying a coach and then find out you don't like RVing. Buying a 2 to 3 year old coach will save you a great deal of money. As was stated, all of the bugs have been worked out by the previous owner. Now is a great time to buy a Motor Home while the prices are as low as you might ever see.

Now for a sales pitch. Try looking at this site. Paul Davis of Mr Olivers has some very nice clean coaches. They are presented very nicely on his picture format.

His site is www.mrloivers.com click on RVs.

Hope you and your wife enjoy RVing and find the coach of you dreams.

Have a Blessed Day.

After making my responce to your post I looked at the next listing on forum Class A Motor Homes "Selling A motor Home" Take a look at what the Member has to sell.

Thanks Herman for the reply. 3 years ago, we rented an rv for a week and loved it. the wife of course is not wanting to travel fulltime right now, but I keep telling Her the time is right.

I have traveled the country driving a truck, and never had time to really enjoy this country of ours.

I will check out the 2 sites you told me about.

Thanks,

mike