rfsod48

C7 Slober Tube

I need to do modification on my slober tube. I have seen that some use jar attached to tube an others use extension tube to past bumper.

Which is the better method or do they both work?

Thanks,

Roland

With a rear radiator, I would certainly extend the crankcase breather (aka slobber tube) to behind the fan shroud.  Whether you also run it into a bottle is up to you.

For the extension:

1" barb to barb fitting

4' of 1" ID hose.   Oil resistant best, but even the clear reinforced hose will last many years. 4' is long enough that you can run it where you want and cut off excess.

2 hose clamps for above

Wire ties to secure the extension.

IMPORTANT: make sure the hose only runs downhill from the engine/no drip loop. 

If you decide to use a catch bottle, make sure that you have more square inches of exhaust than the current 1" ID hose.  You do NOT want to add any restriction to the crankcase breather.

Also a good idea to calibrate the engine oil dipstick with the correct quantity of oil for you engine.  Any engine with an open crankcase breather (all large diesels prior to 2007) overfilling the crankcase just guarantees that it will come out the crankcase breather hose.

Follow Brett's advice on that. Very well explained.

I read some where they were installing filters on the end of the tube. I strongly do not recommend doing that. When it clogs it will most like vent via a seal and cause an oil leak, if your lucky that's all the only damage that will occur.

No restriction in that hose and your engine will thank you.