Macon Freightliner, DBA Middle Georgia Freightliner , (MGF) located in Macon Georgia, is a Freightliner Custom Chassis Dealer and Service center as indicated in Freightliners 24/7 APP.   This dealer is over charging and extending service times to discourage RV customers.  Example, I was charged $801.00 to put on a $40.00 fuel line part  Cummins book time is , less than one hour.  Accepting the common practice of doubling the labor time on MH's, the acceptable charge should have been $350.00 more or less. In addition this repair took more than three weeks. Attempt to speak to the service manager and even communication with owner Heath Wood via email was unsuccessful.  To repair a data link transmission problem, they indicated it would cost $3000 plus repair cost for them to remove entire data link cable to find short, ground or other defect. Combined with three hour of diagnostic time for a transmission problem that they did not know how to fix, my total cost for my visit to Middle Georgia Freightliner was over $1200 and five weeks total down time. As for the diagnostics, customer service technician at Freightliner, Gaffney said the diagnostic readings from MGF which I sent to them, from MGF were worthless and indicated either incompetency or a intentional effort to deceive. They also indicated that under no conditions would it be necessary to remove data link cable to repair same. It is clear to me that this dealer service department does not want to work on MH's and over charges them as well as puts other customers in front of them to discourage MH work. 

UPDATE: Towed MH to W.W. Williams, Atlanta GA, authorized Allison repair center. They diagnosed and repaired data link problem in one hour. Data link cable was pulled loose from securing clip probably during pump install, by Turbo Diesel Electric, Macon and the cable fell down unto engine manifold and burned causing a short. In addition one of the resiter ends was filled with water, probably as a result of Turbo diesel or Middle Georgia washing down engine after fuel leak.

Edited by rlbarkleyii
Update:

Barkley, 

They aren't the only ones. Quote from REV service center in Alvarado to repair slide hydraulic hose "mim. of 16 hours @ $ 140.00 per hour plus parts. While on the road got an appointment with  HWH in Moscow Iowa. Took less than 2 hours and they repaired the hose, adjusted the levelers and put on a new cover on my auto level pad. $281.00. Needless to say I was ecstatic. Brent the technician and Ashley could not have been nicer.

Kudos to HWH.

Herman 

I've been to the REV Tech Center in Alvarado...and won't go back unless they decide to give me something for free.  The only good thing there is a free CG if you are passing through and are a member of the REV group.  Each space has 50 amp power and water.  There is a community sewer.  Just call ahead for the pass word to get in the gate.

Ditto on HWH.  I went there this summer to replace a slow jack.  They replaced the jack, updated the control board in about 2 hours, charged me for only one.  I was on my way before lunch with a bill half of what I expected.  Right off the interstate as well with free overnight parking.

Charlie