tireman9

Wheel Hubcap / Wheel Simulator Removal

Heard of question on how to remove the full size stainless wheel simulators

used on 16" wheels as seen in this picture. 10sagzq.jpg

I found that one of the medium size Harbor freight "pry bar" # 66840 or 60682 works just fine. Just need to gently work around the rim and not try and remove by prying in just one location.

When it comes time to re-attach the cover I use a rubber mallet like # #69050  or 60503 

and I tap around the outside and not in just one location to replace the cap.

Yours just snaps on? Never saw that before. My old coach had two secondary lug nuts opposing each other and a hand tool (T handle) that slid over those two lugs (with SS caps) you simply unscrewed those two and pulled it off. Behind the cover was two studs that attached to the excess wheel stud.

like this

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/pho-nh8494?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-phoenix-usa&gclid=CNal0oHJjc8CFYFkhgodLZ0DPw

my old coach was equipped with Phoenix wheel simulators, same as an Ambulance.

When I had your cap. I used a rag and 4" plier to pull off, then tap gently around to replace...yes, Joe they both exist. :P:rolleyes:  Newbie! :lol:

Carl

Only if you want Ms. Piggy!  :lol:  I don't think most folks realize how far out the Muppets really are...it ain't for kids!  Kind of like Madagascar, back to Africa...I mean a Hippo that marries a Giraffe and a Penguin that marries a "bubble head"! :wacko::rolleyes: