herbsrepair

Dash Fan Not Working & Fuses Are All Good

I have a 2005 Safari Gazelle, 38' 8" Diesel Pusher 4 slides.  Last time we went on a trip the Dash Fan would not work but the A/C was running but not much good when the fan doesn't work.  Turned the chassis A/C off, used roof air to stay cool.  Troubleshooting shows the dash fuses are good, removed the fan and hooked to 12V and it works fine.  Tried to find a component between the fan and the switch, no luck in the under dash spaghetti farm finding much of anything (especially when your not sure what you are looking for). 

Is there anyone out there that can give me some advice/direction?

herb,

Welcome to the Forum.

I had a 1998 Monaco Windsor that had a similar problem as you are having. What I found was a loose ground connection. The fan had a ground wire connected to a pin on the fan's mounting flange. The connector was loose enough to not make contact. Crimped the connector put it back on and walli, I that fan. When I worked in the auto world the resistor many times was the main culprit. It was generally found on the box where the fan was mounted. However in most cases the fan would still work but only on one speed.

Herman