davidsteverson

Jack Questions

David, Carl and Bill, 

It was nice visiting with you'll in Shawnee. Sorry I wasn't able to spend more time visiting, but as you'll saw I was busier that a one armed paper hanger.

You'll may not know, but Texarkana will be my last year as Southern Region VP. Until yesterday I was planning on moving to the rocking chair and watch from there. There have been some changes and next week I will be placing my name in the hat for the position of Senior Vice President for the Six-State Rally Association. Candidates are elected by the Area National Directors from each Chapter. If you are or are not a N/D I would appreciate your support. 

Thanks again and we will rally up again soon I hope, say Chandler?

Herman

Have not made up my mind yet about Arizona in March...last time I went there in March, I had a dust storm that shut down I-10 between Las Cruces and Lordsburg for 18 hours, we had just gotten off Freeway in Deming, NM and into RV park because we could not see trucks next to us!  Next day, we had rain, hail, light snow and a full blown blizzard, between Texas Canyon and Benson, then black ice in Tucson!  Not sure if I want to take a chance again!!!:(

Unfortunately for you, I'm a N/D for SWG INTO.  Don't know if that would work?  Who are you running against if anyone?  Also, WHY?  :rolleyes:

Carl

Well I suport Herman. I am glad he want's to step up and do the job.

We have tentative plans to go to Chandler but haven't payed yet. 

Carl, It will be a good road test for your new coach. 

Bill

15 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

David, Carl and Bill, 

It was nice visiting with you'll in Shawnee. Sorry I wasn't able to spend more time visiting, but as you'll saw I was busier that a one armed paper hanger.

You'll may not know, but Texarkana will be my last year as Southern Region VP. Until yesterday I was planning on moving to the rocking chair and watch from there. There have been some changes and next week I will be placing my name in the hat for the position of Senior Vice President for the Six-State Rally Association. Candidates are elected by the Area National Directors from each Chapter. If you are or are not a N/D I would appreciate your support. 

Thanks again and we will rally up again soon I hope, say Chandler?

Herman

Herman, you would be great in that role. Don't know that I have any influence - in fact I'm pretty sure I don't have any - but anything I can do I'd be glad to. Just let me know. We do plan to attend the rally in Chandler so will hope to see you there. 

I've gotten into a real mess with my jacks. Got to Colorado and they wouldn't go down. Called HWH and they were helpful as were 3 guys here at our full timers rally. Basically all we were able to do is determine what doesn't work. Then to top it off, I can't retract the generator cover I had extended because that is where all the HWH equipment is located. I can get the jack mechanism fixed next week at the Newmar rally but I've got to get that cover retracted so I can drive it the 60 miles over to the rally. Seems to me there should be a manual way to do it. 

Any suggestions. Thanks. David. 

David,

Sorry for your difficulties. Take a look at you pump. There should be several solenoid that have what looks like a tee type knob. Try turning each, one at a time and try the gen. slide. It may retract the slide. If all else fails pull in your slides in then loosen the lines for  gen. cylinder and you may be able to push the generator in. Be sure and secure the slide and tighten the lines back. You should be able to use your room slides till you are able to get to HWH. If you need help give me a call.

214-679-7791

Be sure to tighten the knobs back.

Herman

David. I had a problem with mine...I had over extended the gen slide...got a person to wiggle it back and fourth while I pushed the retract/extend switch..It came in.  Same happened on step well cover.  I don't take either to it's full extension anymore and have had no repeat.  If that don't work, do as Herman suggested.

As for your jacks, have you re-checked your fluid level ?  As WBill suggested in case you had air bubbles in system!  If you can, measure the area of exposed cylinder of jack, it should be 4" in up position...it's possible that they have gone up beyond your stops!  Let me know, I have 51 pages of jack info!

Carl  

Wanted to close the loop on this thread. As I had previously indicated, the jacks and the HWH board gave up completely. Jacks wouldn't go down and nothing worked on the board inside the coach.  Jacks down siren was going off consistently. At the Newmar rally the tech said I needed a new control panel at $1059 and they didn't have one and HWH didn't have one - they would have to build it and send it and then I'd have to find someone to put it in. 

I called HWH and they said if I were there they can usually repair the existing control panel. So when the Newmar rally ended on Friday my wife headed to Oklahoma in the toad and I headed to Moscow Iowa where HWH is located. I had an appointment at 1230 Monday. They took me in at 1245 and almost immediately I saw the guy walk by with the control panel. They have a separate shop for electronic components. An hour later I see it go by going back to our motorhome.  

The tech said there was a component broken in the panel which they fixed. Also he said the ground was bad and he put a new one in that was much larger. I was on my way by 3 after paying my $234 bill. I spent more than that on diesel for the trip but it was well worth it. I left Moscow to the sound of silence. First time in 3 weeks the jacks down siren wasn't going off when we were moving. 

Thanks to everyone for your input. I've heard several people say they had a really good experience with HWH and you can add me to that list.  David

david.  Thanks for checking back in!  It was nice meeting you in Shawnee and hope to do so again.

Safe travels.

Carl

David,

The folks at HWH couldn't' be nicer.

Did Ashley by some chance send you up North about 6 miles?  She told us about Tipton and the Tipton Family Restaurant. It was great and we found a hardware store that was unbelievable.  Spent over an hour in it. Could have stayed longer but had to get back to Moscow. 

Herman 

No.  I was told you had been to Cracker B. prior to leaving.  I went to I-20E to get on Toll rd. 49S to Hwy 110S .

I'm at TCC and found out I have some more damage than what photos showed, about $6,000 more!  :angry:

Carl

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

David,

The folks at HWH couldn't' be nicer.

Did Ashley by some chance send you up North about 6 miles?  She told us about Tipton and the Tipton Family Restaurant. It was great and we found a hardware store that was unbelievable.  Spent over an hour in it. Could have stayed longer but had to get back to Moscow. 

Herman 

Hi Herman. The only thing I was told about the area was that when the original owner was still there, everyday at lunch time he would come to the customer lounge and round up everyone and put them in a van and take them to lunch. Might have been to the place you are talking about. Nothing like that happened the day I was there - made me a sandwich in the coach!  

Look forward to having you in a greater leadership role. I've enjoyed our time together and appreciate your wisdom and your willingness to share it. Also appreciate the rest of the forum and their willingness to share their wisdom. Great to meet Bill and Carl in Shawnee as well.