tomandsharon

RV Transmission In Topeka KS

Hi - Sad to say I think our transmission on our 1997 29 foot Tioga  has a serious issue.  Engine races but RV doesn't move.  It gave out yesterday, Oct. 1st Saturday and no one is open until Monday. 

Any suggestions or thoughts on where to take it?  Fortunately, we were towing a car and we were having lunch at Exit 188 off I70 west bound.  It will need to be towed in. 

There is a Topeka Transmission, a Smith Bros. Transmission, and Aamco local here. 

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.   

Tom

Tom,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

In addition to what transmission you have/ what chassis, can you select either D or R by playing with the shifter?

Any burned smell to the transmission fluid?

How many miles on it?

Did you check the level of the transmission fluid? It could be just low. 

Call several shops sometimes they offer "free tow in" if you use their shop.

Bill

Our first coach had a Ford C6. Had a rep for being a tough one to kill. Had a fitting come loose on the line going to the cooler and suddenly no go. The fitting was easy to get to and tighten, but did not have any spare fluid. A Kansas Deputy Sheriff happened by, called his dispatcher on the radio, found a source for fluid on a Friday night 30 miles away, hauled me over there in his cruiser for the fluid, and then took me back to the RV. I like people from Kansas?. Filled the tranny up and away we went. As Bill mentioned maybe it could just be low. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.