Jump to content

mike2wheels

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Location
    Casa Grande, Arizona

Recent Profile Visitors

286 profile views
  1. I confronted them about their decisions and received a lecture about how great their techs are.
  2. The new roof is a single sheet of fiberglass glued to a new 3/8" plywood underlayment. I don't know how the plywood is fastened but I was unable to pull it up. The new surface is about half an inch higher than the old surface. I like the idea of fiberglass, but I have never worked with it. I think I have a solution using short flange casing bead. It has a flange with screw holes and a half inch edge that will cover the exposed plywood. Six inch wide eternabond tape will cover this and lap onto the old roof. It's also very thin so I won't get a built up edge. First up is to get the end caps painted because exposure to this Arizona sun blistered the clear coat.
  3. Thanks for your input. The original roof was a continuous sheet of fiberglass that ran over the edges to a drip rail on each side. I always wipe a surface with EternaClean before applying new caulk or tape. I was considering aluminum strap or edging because it's something that will hold screws. I'm finding that doing anything with this is a lot of hard work.
  4. A couple of years ago a shop replaced the roof on our HR Endeavor. They used a single large sheet of fiberglass over new plywood underlayment. However, the sheet was not sufficient to cover the entire width of the roof, so they used trim, screws, and caulk to seal the edge of the fiberglass sheet. One problem is that the trim is about 3/16 inch higher than the roof, which prevents water from draining. Now they say the caulk should be replaced every year or two. This is over 80 linear feet of caulk and close to a day's labor plus materials. They quoted $500 just for a touch up. I think I can remove the trim and the caulk and replace it with Eternabond tape. Before I proceed I want some other opinions on my plan. In these photos you can see the trim around the edge of the roof, excluding the front and rear caps. The coach is 40' long, so there is close to 90 feet of trim.
  5. Our first Holiday Rambler is a 2006 Endeavor 40PAQ. It's a quad slide model with the atrium living room. I measured our driveway at 42 feet and thought a 40-foot RV would fit. But the Endeavor is actually 41 feet and I didn't account for the mirrors. I'm just able to get the gate shut and have a couple of inches on each end. So far, we've replaced the roof and the rear A/C unit. I've also replaced the water pump, 4 slide toppers, front TV, dash radio, dining room set, toilet, and swapped the recliner for a desk. I've installed a DirecTV dish, built-in vacuum cleaner, rebuilt the power cord reel, removed the hose reel, removed the CB, covered the driver's and passenger's seats with sheep skin, and installed a slide out tray in storage. I've added a sound bar and subwoofer for TV sound. This is our second motorhome and 4th RV.
  6. Our first RV was a '97 Rexhall Rolls Air with a Cummins engine and a Spartan chassis. You can see it was similar to your Rose Air. We were told that Rexhall made very few of the Rolls Air because Rolls Royce became upset with the use of the "Rolls" name. So Rexhall dropped the Rolls Air and developed the Rose Air. The fuel fill was in a conventional location, on the passenger side behind the front wheel. We towed a Gold Wing around the West with it.
×
×
  • Create New...