Sign in to follow this  
aquamike

Seat Covers

aquamike.  Welcome to the Forum!

In order to help you, we need to know Make, Model and year.  It would also help if we knew where your at.

Carl

Mike,

Look under the seat for the parts tag.  It will tell you the manufacturer of the seat (with Flexsteel and Villa being two top brands).  It will also have a PN on it.  That will make shopping for seat covers a lot more accurate.

Are you looking for slip on covers or trying to duplicate the OE?  What material?

Brett, since it's a 2016 model, I'm thinking he has the same problem as me...in shorts he's sticking to the seat, with cloth he would not do that.  Or, he want's to preserve the original seat material, may also have pet/pets!

Carl

Am I the only one that remembers "Clear Plastic Seat Covers". :wacko:  I remember them well. Those that had them installed when they got their new car were the same ones that had their living room couch and chairs covered with plastic covers.

Herman

Herman.  Yes, I do believe I remember!  Not in my family...:blink::P

Kay.  I drive in Jogging pants, real thin light weight cotton...no tag, so I don't know the brand name.  I have shorts handy for fuel stop or park office! :lol::wub:

When I had a dog in coach alone, she would sit on front seat, on a towel...designated driver!  LOL  I used a cloths pin for emergency brake, just in case! 

Carl 

The issue is not that I stick to the seat, although that would not be good either, but that since I wear a prosthetic leg I do not want to wear out the leather seat prematurely. I have seen the typical sheepskin seat covers but I want something that looks better and has durability.

aquamike,

Find a good local Upholstery Shop. Have them make you a cover just for the seat. A good shop might be able to put a reinforced area to cover the area where you might have the most wear.

Good luck,

Herman