Sign in to follow this  
krischampy

Converter Issue

Five, I understand the use of the plug, but wouldn't it been just a simple to wire the preheat to a switch so all you had to do would be to flip the switch to turn on the preheat?  :o   But heck we are talking about Motor Home Manufacturers where simple and practical never cross their drawing boards.:P

Carl, You may have a point on your jacks. However we have only air leveling on our coach, which is nice, however I would like to have jacks also. Not to level but just to have the ability to steady the coach when level. Just air alone leaves you with a bit of "Rock & Roll".

Herman

Herman.  Your coach GVWR is?  I'm around 10K more and 5' longer, + 9K in cargo!  I dump most of air, then level...never need a portable step! :D

As I said, I have 2 switches for my pre heat...I don't have to leave the warm coach and freeze my a*** off, plugging in and switching over 2 times! :ph34r:

Carl

10 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE.  I have no plug back there with the GFCI, other than the 50A...mine has two switches, one in closet and one on my Magnum control panel (Aqua hot diesel, Aqua hot electric and pre heat)...I have used it once.

Herman, I'll send you a photo.  Since I'm taking photos of the other side also, I blew a HP hose for my Jacks Wed. and have to replace it today!  My next coach will be air level only, that's all I use anyway...used the jacks twice in 3 years! :angry:

Carl

I guess the coaches must be wired differently.  My eng heat in the curb side rear compartment is electric only and has nothing to do with the Aqua Hot.  I do have the AH eng heat feature, but never use it because we're plugged into shore power.

Herman, your idea makes too much sense...they'll never do that!:lol:

FIVE.  My coach was the first 2010, Tradition off the line, also the first 45 foot built...it's got every option built in, from Eagle and Heritage...same coach that was in the Catalogue!  That's why it's a bear to work on,  I have 3 different option manuals!  Nice coach, but...overkill.

Carl