hermanmullins

It Happened On Thanksgiving Day

Here is hoping everyone is preparing for the Day of Thanksgiving with friends and family.:) Bobbie and I awoke this AM to find we had no power:o. I checked and found the Power Company, Grayson Collin Electric Coop, had a pole knocked down on the road where we live:ph34r:. Effecting about 30 homes. It should be back in the next hour or so. In the mean time I started the generator on the coach, it is in the garage about 30 feet away, and got the essentials running. One light, the coffee pot and the computer:rolleyes:. The Turkey is too big for the convection microwave in the coach but the ham will fit. Hoping the power is restored in time for the Turkey to go in the "Electric Oven". (4 hours)

What has happened to you on a special occasion?   Tell us about a special day so we can laugh or cry with you.

Love to all and eat to your hearts content.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 

Herman & Bobbie

Rain/snow all night and now 34 degrees. Grand daughter , her husband, and three Great grandsons will be here at 10:30 this morning for Thanksgiving Dinner. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, hot rolls, ham, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, apple crisp and apple pie with the apples from our own Winesap tree. Sharp cheddar cheese and ice cream with the apple pie. Nap, football, nap, football, nap, snack for supper? Life is good and we are thankful.

Rocket, our 15 year old yellow tabby master wanted the dining room patio door opened so he could go out on the covered deck. I opened the door and he got most of his body over the threshold, felt the cold air and did a 180 degree turn in midair--without touching the deck!! If looks could kill I would be on life support right now!! And it wasn't even my fault!!

Normally when it starts getting cold outside he will sit about 5' away from the sliding door and meow until I come & open the door. He then lifts his right paw, shakes it a couple times and then walks away.

Herman, Hope they get the power back on. If they don't just fire up the BBQ and get that turkey done. Isn't it nice to have the power from the coach.

Bill

Herman, glad you are all back up and running on electric. What a mess that could have been. 

Smoked our turkey outside all day after it sat in Brine for 36 hours and it was goooood! :wub: hope you didn't eat too much.

After a 400 mile drive today we are settled in our RV park in Houston.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Sure hope the turkey will be properly thawed by tomorrow evening!

Raining all day, windy, and a bit cold, but we're gathered here in Salem Oregon with a few other like minded individuals with the Northwest Country Coach Chapter.  Had a marvelous meal with some great people.  

Everything went off with out a hitch. Ate too much sweets, Blood Sugar was 156 this morning. Will have to fast for several days.

Carl, being with friends is what it is all about. I think that if we were on the road in and in RV Park on Thanksgiving and they had a meeting room, I would canvas the folks there and have a pot luck. I think it would be a great time to meet folks and maybe keep some one from being too lonely on a special day.

Herman

I think I need to join Overeaters Anonymous!  Kids came over and brought their specialty dish.  Deb out did herself and when we sat down to give thanks I almost blurted out the famous Dinner Table Thanks quote from the movie Talledega Nights (didn't do it though!).  I smoked a turkey and it was fabulous.  Not gonna test my sugar level for a few days!

On 11/25/2016 at 3:44 AM, hermanmullins said:

Everything went off with out a hitch. Ate too much sweets, Blood Sugar was 156 this morning. Will have to fast for several days.

Carl, being with friends is what it is all about. I think that if we were on the road in and in RV Park on Thanksgiving and they had a meeting room, I would canvas the folks there and have a pot luck. I think it would be a great time to meet folks and maybe keep some one from being too lonely on a special day.

Herman

Herman, we did just that one year in Corpus Christie for Christmas time.  Earlene and I brought it up to the camp host and the host made up some flyers and went around and placed them on each RV.  It wasn't a pot luck. Earlene and I ordered the complete meal package from H.E.B.  We expected it to be all cooked but it came out of the refrigerator at the store.  No problem, we used the party room and a lot of other campers to heat everything up.  It was a great time and many thanks were passed around.  A collection plate was passed around and we recouped our money and there was some left over that went into the camp-pot.  They, the hosts, provided breakfast once a week for the CG and were happy to have the leftover $$.