chucklocklin

1996 Safari Trek 2430

Chucklockin,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Hate to greet you and then suggest you look somewhere else, but on specific questions on the Safari Trek, this is the "go to" group: http://www.trektraxs.com/

Of course, it the pump works, turn it on and walk around listening for the pump noise.

I have heard on a Safari Zanzibar it is on the left rear corner of the basement, passenger side, of the coach in an enclosed compartment. I would look in the same area on yours. I would look under the sink and in the bay where the city water fitting is.

Let us know where they hid it.

Bill

The fresh water tank is located on the DS rear and the water pump is right next to it, under the bathroom!  Small compact coach, with a lot of living space, since the queen bed is stored in the ceiling forward. :)

Modern version of the original Winnebago, without the "Eye Brow" windshield ! :D

Carl

Wow I just registered on line as 97safaritrek and found your post.  I had my water pump replaced last year.  Your coach's water pump is as others have stated, Drivers side, rear compartment, in the Water compartment.  Unfortunately, unless your rig has been updated, it is BEHIND the panel with all of the open/closed levers.  Let me tell you it's a mess back there.  If you ever have to replace it, move it to the outside so you can access it in the future.  Also as suggested the new Trektrax website (formerly Trektracks).  We've owned our 97 for about 10 years now and have worked through some issues.  Sorry I deleted all of my photos of waterpump except this one.  It's the dark object on the left side in the back.

20161217_080701.jpg