punxsyjumper

Destinations Near Lubbock TX

Question

Got a question. We would like to go to Lubbock and pick up an old Army buddy and his wife. They both desperately need a vacation and we would like to take them out for a week or two. It will probably be for just a week as per their schedules.

So, not looking for a long time on the road but somewhere we can go and hang out for a week or so. Maybe a couple nights at a couple different places. Not too familiar with the area so I was wondering if I could get some ideas.

Thought about Carlsbad Caverns and then Roswell.

What say you?

6 answers to this question

Palo Duro Canyon up by Amarillo would be another good choice.

We always stay at Loop 289 rv park. The KOA in Lubbock is a joke and nasty

32 minutes ago, Erniee said:

Palo Duro Canyon up by Amarillo would be another good choice.

We always stay at Loop 289 rv park. The KOA in Lubbock is a joke and nasty

Thanks for the tip. That sounds like a good one.

Friends from Lubbock might have day tripped or overnighted Palo Duro, Roswell, and Carlsbad. Ask them. Ruidoso NM has pleasant night time temps according to Carl. If it is about getting together with old friends it probably doesn't matter a lot where you go. Palo Duro is interesting. Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo is fun after the small Country Band shows up and you get lots of grub for a reasonable price. RV Oasis Park exit 60 on I-40 is inexpensive and you can do stuff in Amarillo. Eateries abound. Palo Duro is easy from the park.  Just a few thoughts.

I am going to Palo Duro Canyon The 26th to 29th. If you go up to Amarillo I would recommend. Overnite RV Park, 900 S Lakeside Dr, Amarillo, TX 79118, overnitervpark.com, (806) 373-1431

You and your friends should visit The Big Texan Steak Ranch & Brewery, 7701 Interstate 40 Access Rd, Amarillo, TX 79118, bigtexan.com, (806) 372-6000.

Try to eat the 72 0z steak challenge.

They have a limo that will come and pick you up at the rv park. 

We have also stayed at Oasis RV Resort, 2715 Arnot Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124
myrvoasis.com, (806) 356-8408 It is on the West side of town.

Something else interesting is the "ART" installation known as  Cadillac Ranch,I-40 Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124, (630) 313-0187

Bill

2 hours ago, obedb said:

Friends from Lubbock might have day tripped or overnighted Palo Duro, Roswell, and Carlsbad. Ask them. Ruidoso NM has pleasant night time temps according to Carl. If it is about getting together with old friends it probably doesn't matter a lot where you go. Palo Duro is interesting. Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo is fun after the small Country Band shows up and you get lots of grub for a reasonable price. RV Oasis Park exit 60 on I-40 is inexpensive and you can do stuff in Amarillo. Eateries abound. Palo Duro is easy from the park.  Just a few thoughts.

and very good ones too, thanks

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I am going to Palo Duro Canyon The 26th to 29th. If you go up to Amarillo I would recommend. Overnite RV Park, 900 S Lakeside Dr, Amarillo, TX 79118, overnitervpark.com, (806) 373-1431

You and your friends should visit The Big Texan Steak Ranch & Brewery, 7701 Interstate 40 Access Rd, Amarillo, TX 79118, bigtexan.com, (806) 372-6000.

Try to eat the 72 0z steak challenge.

They have a limo that will come and pick you up at the rv park. 

We have also stayed at Oasis RV Resort, 2715 Arnot Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124
myrvoasis.com, (806) 356-8408 It is on the West side of town.

Something else interesting is the "ART" installation known as  Cadillac Ranch,I-40 Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124, (630) 313-0187

Bill

That sounds great. Thanks