neilcarol

Road From Gettysburg, PA To Columbus, OH

Question

3 answers to this question

They are and also hilly. Its the PA turnpike through and around the mountains, traveled it many times, other than the tolls its not a bad road trip, kind of boaring as there is not much to look at. Other than climbing up to I-80 and head west, those are the best routes to take. I-80 isn't much different with the curves and hills.

I don't see a problem. It is a main road and everything in that part of the world has hills and curves. Stay on main roads and you should have no problems. 

Bill

The quickest and safest way is US15 north from Gettysburg and take the PA Turnpike (I-76) westbound just south of the Harrisburg area. I-70 joins the pike at Breezewood PA and leaves at New Stanton Exit 79. US 30 west of Chambersburg does get quite curvy and steep. It is doable in an RV, but you probably would tell yourself " Never Again."

A good second choice would be south on US15 to I-70 West at Frederick MD. Join the pike at Breezewood PA and head west. This choice would save you some on the tolls. Mileage between either is about the same.