Bob26894

Cross Country Trip, Reservations Yes/No

Question

Planning a 4 week trip in August/ September, from Tucson,AZ to Maine. This is our first long trip and we would like to feel free to divert and see sights along the way. Is it better to have reservations at RV parks along the way or would that create a schedule that would prohibit being flexible enough to see the sights. I guess I'm leaning towards no reservations and hoping to find suitable overnight stops. Any advice from experienced travelers would be welcome. 

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

My brother lives in Central Mass. so we just park it there. (No, you cannot have the address:ph34r:)

You can post it to me here I won't tell anyone.:o

BAck to traveling up the Maine coast. I recommend you stay on 1 and don't get off on 1A with the coach. I have driven on highway 1 from the main's south border to Eastport We stayed at Seaview Campground & Cottages,16 Norwood Rd, Eastport, ME 04631, eastport maine.com,(207) 853-4471. This is the most North Eastern campground in the US. If you go to Eastport stop at Ray's Mustard Factory. :) 

Bill

50 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Go around New Hampshire if going into Maine. j/k

Do tell why? I always come up I495 to I95 and north, I495 is a gamble but once on I95 its beautiful

We went from E. Texas to Bar Harbor, 2016, about the same time frame to hook up with a Tour Group and free styled it (no major planned reservations).  If we wanted to stay for a while in a place we would make reservations (ie. Niagara Falls).  We might make a reservation on the Road while traveling if we knew we would be some where.  If you think you might be interested in touring with a group let me know.