Following a recent trip to Biloxi, MS. (Rough Roads) my remote door lock/unlock function became intermittent, no big deal, I have keys.  I noticed one day while parked at the house for loading for the next trip the coach was unlocked when I started the daily chores preparing for the trip.  Again, no big deal as I have forgotten to lock doors before.   While on our latest trip I noticed the dash lights began to blink and I could hear the door lock begin to cycle, I turned the clearance lights on to prevent the lights from blinking but the lock kept cycling.  

I wrapped the two door contacts and contact plate with electrical tape to stop the cycling and continued with our trip.   Now we are home and the root cause of the problems must be addressed.  

My assumptions are, the control module for the door lock has malfunctioned and may be the culprit.   The lock/unlock function also turns the clearance lights on and off to visually acknowledge operation.  I have no idea where Monaco may have stuck the control module, I have searched the underside of the dash without finding anything resembling what I would consider such a control module to look like????? 

Any ideas if I am on the right track and if someone can tell me where the blasted module might reside, I would be grateful. 

Thanks in advance for all the expertise I know I will find from y'all...

nowronhere, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Your thread mentions that the Door lock and the running lights cycle. The post mentions the door lock cycling, but not the marker lights.

Clarify the issue because the problem can be total different regarding the item or items flashing.

Rich.

Ron 

Welcome to the Forum. 

I am assuming you have a Monaco.  Please let us know the make, model and year of your coach. 

If it is indeed a Monaco pull the cup holder out on the passengers arm rest. The module is down in the cavity below the cup holder. I would send the information but it is in the coach down in Nacadouches and won't be back for 2 weeks. 

Also it sounds like it could be a loose ground somewhere. 

Herman 

hermanmullins:
The coach is a 2005 Beaver Santiam 38 PDD.

DickandLois:
Both the lock and the lights cycle.  To prevent someone from thinking the flashing marker lights are a sign of distress and calling the cops, I turn on the marker/parking lights at the headlight switch.   Leaving them on while driving, eliminates the flashing lights, not the cycling door lock.

Ron, Thanks for the additional information. Both for the Coach info. and the flashing lights and door lock.

Issues like your's keep it interesting on the forum ! LOL

This is my first thought(s) regarding the flashing lights, they stay on when the dash SW is used to keep them powered. THAT - kind of points to a Positive voltage issue somehow connected to the power lock circuit. 

The power lock control module wiring or physical location kind of need to be wired close to each other(Common Connector) wire path, fuse / relay box. 

Next Question. You mentioned that the door lock was cycling as you where loading or unloading the coach.

Details question. lock cycled when one entered or exited the coach OR where walking or moving around near the drivers station. Being the coach has a Bus style entry design - could make that a difficult item area to pin down. Does one need to just step inside, bump the passenger set, drivers set nudge the console area. Kind of like looking for that squeaky spot in the floor !

Rich. 

Can you unscrew the top of the steps?  Sometimes the relay for several different items are mounted above the automatic step. 

hermanmullins:
I just examined the cavity below the passenger armrest, only one wiring harness that attaches to the switches, pass sunshade, step cover, cargo bay lights, and step lights.  So, I am still in search of the elusive control module...

DickandLois:
The cycling happens whether we are in the coach or not, it does not appear to be connected with our movement or presence in or near the coach.  I agree, it must be a positive voltage issue as the application of constant 12V (turning on the parking light switch) causes the lights to stay in a constant "on" condition without effecting the cycling door lock.

manholt:
I recently replaced the step motor and fan gear on the steps, there is a control module mounted on the steps.  This appears to be only for the steps and light it is a Stromberg Carlson SCSP164889 Electrical Box and Light for Electric Steps.  I don't think this module is associated with the locks but I am not sure.

nowronhere, under the cup holder is a bundle of very small wires, some will connect to the exterior keyless entry keypad. Make sure none of the wires that are not going to anything are not touching one another. The extra wires are for features not used. Probably wondering how I know that, I was in there one day I thought I had a water leak and bumped the harness and the doors locked and the dome lights came on in the coach. Scared the daylights out of me :lol:. I connected mine to switches so I can lock the door and bay doors from inside now. Before you could only lock the bay doors from outside, for whatever reason someone thought that was a good idea to walk outside when turning in for the night to lock the coach :wacko: 

Also, the module for the keyless system is usually found behind the AM/FM radio on Monaco products. When my remotes stopped working that was where I found the module to reset it.

This is very similar to my Blinking lights on my 2000 HR Navigator! The door would lock to end the The blinking lights that occurred with each door opening. Mechanic located clicking noise associated to keyless entry module under Drivers side. Replacement module on order. Keyless entry not used by this owner. Best of Luck! Greetings from very Sunny Fl.☀️🌴

Thanks everyone for your help in correcting my problem....

I finally found the elusive "Keyless Control Module" hiding behind a false back behind the center console cup holders.  I had to trace the wires from the sliding door contacts across the underside of the dash and back to the hidden darkness of the hole shown in photo 2265.  I decided not to reinstall the module in the rat's nest as shown in photo 2266.  I relocated the module as shown in photo 2264.

The problem turned out to be water had traversed somehow into the area of the module and filled the cover with water as shown in photo 2262.  After remounting in the new location, I tried the operation of the newly dried out control module, that is when I found that the water had evidently done its damage.  Everything seemed fine until I had it all put back together and ready to walk away congratulating myself for a "Job well done!" ....   I locked the door with the remote as I was carrying away the last of the tools, that's when the door promptly unlocked itself.  

After giving the Keyless Control Module as shown in photo 2261 a piece of my shrinking mind, I admitted defeat and called TriMark....  The phone number is; 800-447-0343 for the main office, they will tell you to call the parts department at 800-431-8616, I spoke to Ann.  The original part number is discontinued, SURPRISE - SURPRISE!!!  The replacement part number is; 22316-01 $122.55, the wiring harness to fit this module is; 22305-01 $6.77.  The parts should be here next week...

If there is any interest, I will come back with the final solution.

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

Great report, let us know the results when you get the module in and installed.

As usual when there are exposed wiring it looks very nice and orderly:), but when you get into the bowels of the wiring it all turns into a rats nest.:unsure:

Herman

Good feedback nowronhere ! regarding the water intrusion, my thought of the source is its location next to the heat / AC ducts. 

In high humidity environments water buildups in AC mode(around the duct work)and it is going to run downhill, an it sure looks like the module is located lower then the duct work. I have done some work adding some light Mylar insulation around some of the Duct work to reduce the condensation and route the water away from some items that do not like water. double walled ducts with insulation between the 2 walls would work, but they would and do take up more room.

Rich.

X5 :) Good lesson in capillary action, water or any liquid will seek the path of least resist ion.