thorma

Windshield Gaskets 2005 Thor Mandalay 40D

Put my 41' 2005 Thor Mandalay 40D dp in the shop for some repairs and service first of April.  

Repairs are complete but while it was there I needed to have both windshields re set with new gaskets. Was given the name of a local glass co that "could handle this".  Called them. They suggested I not drive it anymore until they got the gaskets and repaired. Then they called a few days later with bad news. Couldn't find the gaskets, would have to be made and earliest could get mid May and total with repair would be about $2600. Bit my tongue but said go ahead.  Well mid May has come and gone. New date by mid June. Called them today and they really don't know. Supposedly working with the window mfg.

Have sent 2 separate emails to Thor, no response to either.  

We've already had to cancel 2 trips, one of them being our 42nd wedding anniversary.  Totally frustrated. I reached out to 2 or may be 3 national RV glass sites about the end of April but got no return call from any.  I'm putting duct tape on the windshield next week and getting it home .

Any help would be so appreciated!

Maybe another reason to not consider aThor product? $2600 for removal and replacement of undamaged windshield glass. Get outa here.😡

2005, probably has a split glass!  As was stated by Herman and Black, RV Solution is the best.  By the way, drive the coach home! :)

20 hours ago, manholt said:

2005, probably has a split glass!  As was stated by Herman and Black, RV Solution is the best.  By the way, drive the coach home! :)

Uh....Carl.....that would be Blake!!!!!:P:P

We had a similar issue with our 2005 Monaco Beaver, had the right side windshield reset twice within a three week period.  First glass company in Amarillo Texas, charged us $350.00 the second company in Lincoln Nebraska charged us $250.00,  six hundred bucks and the windshield is still shaky....  I went to Harbor Freight and purchased two suction cup type glass handling devices, less than ten dollars each.  These devices each have two suction cups and a handle between, I attach a suction cup to each side and allow the handle to bridge the divider bar, this adds a degree of stability to the windshields and a great deal less worry about one or the other falling completely out!

I had the right side windshield re-set by our RV body shop , he said the rubber was just fine, and we have had no further problems and we just returned from a couple of trips over three thousand miles and still have both glasses.

I talked to RV Glass Solutions this morning.  Very nice young lady on the other end but they don't stock the gaskets, but if they could get the gaskets, they don't have a shop that can do the repair in the Charlotte, NC area. Or, I could take a 3 hour trip to one of their shops stay in a motel a couple days while the repair is done and the sealant dries.  So I decided to stick with the shop I've been dealing with and they will come to my house and make the repair about the end of this month.  But I really do appreciate you folks being there and your advice given.