ellisjte

Our First Motorhome (Or RV Of Any Type)

Let's try this again.  Last time I posted our new rig it blew up the message board for a couple of days and wasn't there when it came back up.  :D

It's a 1997 Safari Sahara 3044 with a 250hp Caterpillar mated to an Allison 6 speed transmission.  We bought it back in Jan/Feb.  It's in amazing shape for a coach its age, and came with some incredibly detailed maintenance records.  It was pretty much ready to go when we bought it, just some odds and ends for the most part.   My wife and I along with our 6 year old daughter plan on hitting at least one state/federal park every month, and so far we've done just that.  The family loves it, and I have something to tinker with.  As you all know there's always something to work on with these beasts.

IMG_20170408_091326.jpg

IMG_20170408_091346.jpg

Ellis, 

I remember your post but not the pictures. Very nice looking coach.

Keep on making those wonderful memories. Let me suggest that your daughter keep a journal on all your trips. She will love it later in life, so will you'll. 

Herman

Herman.  It's a journal, not a fournal. :rolleyes:

ellisjte.  Glad to hear things are working out for you and your family!  :) Where are you now?  Good looking coach!

Thanks :D  The wife sits down with our Daughter every day when we're out and writes in our family camping journal.  I have a pretty great wife, she thinks of things like that... Me, I'm always thinking about getting meat on the grill and making sure everything works...  We're in Florida, based near Tampa.  Can't wait for our next outing to the Keys in a couple weeks!

haha! yeah it'd do the business on one of those Texas porkers for sure.  I prefer my little leaver action marlin in .44 mag for hogs though.  I'm pretty good with it up to 100 yards... which is about all you'd want to try with that caliber anyway.

You got your fair share of feral hogs in FL, you don't need to come here.  I like my .22-.250 for 400-600 yds. & .30/.30 for brush work, .357 pistol works good also for putting meat on the grill.:lol:

Bill.  Think up to TX from Tampa! :P

Carl/ remember Bill doesn't read maps. That's why he wound up spending $76 to cross the GW. 😎

I didn't want to put him, down in Florida.:P 

obedb, That was an expensive lesson but I might have got learned something from dat.:o

For close range I like my Marlin guide gun in 45-70.  

Bill

Actually the latitude of Houston and Tampa is only one degree apart. So come on over would be appropriate between the two cities.

It's not that far only about 265 miles. Or about the distance between Washington DC and Bridgeport Connecticut.:D When I go down to Pharr Texas it is a little longer 508 miles.

Bill

On 6/2/2017 at 5:14 PM, obedb said:

Actually the latitude of Houston and Tampa is only one degree apart. So come on over would be appropriate between the two cities.

Heck it'd be a pretty quick ride if I could weld some pontoons on the old girl.  Hey they put that CAT 3126 in a bunch of boats right?