Sign in to follow this  
rhinderber

AT&T Home Base

We have a home base device from AT&T it is a wireless phone with wireless Internet. The cost is $60 monthly for unlimited phone calls and 250G of 4G Internet we get an additional 200G because we have  Direct TV normally I think the Internet is 50G for $40. The home base can go with you when you travel. My son was between cell providers and attached a princess phone to the base and took it with him in his car.

Confused...Princess phone is a land line phone!  Came out about 60 years ago!  Does not work with wireless or internet.

Carl, I have the same service from Verizon, it is a box that receives the wireless signal and has a regular house type RJ11 jack to plug the regular home phone into. I use a 4 line wireless handset device with answering machine from Sams club. I pay $20.00 a month for this service, and can take it every place that we go. Princess phone will work on this device.

OK.  I stand corrected...my bad and my Dad would be glad, had he lived past 1983 to see the marvels we can do with his phone today!  He was Co Inventor of the Princess!

I too have the land line replacement with an answering phone base with 6 remote hand sets. Works better than my cellphones in our home. My understanding is that this unit has 10 times more powerful signal than a cellphone 

The Princess phone works with the wireless home phone plugs in like it would to a land line, Internet is additional cost wifi hotspot device . I had the At&T guy here to install DirectTV his cell was having problems with service,but the Homebase worked fine. I kept a princess phone around so that when we had a power outage, something that happens regularly here, I would still have phone service the princess phone got its power from the phone line. Like many people we no longer have a land line, and no longer pay their crazy high long distance charges. I believe Walmart has a wireless home phone on Verizon for $10. AT&T share holders must have loved your dad I think the Princess was the best selling phone of its day put a 50'cord and off you go,no need for a cradle.  

Yep.  Got rid of the old circular dial.  If you work for the phone company, you get no royalties at least not in the US.  His partner was Danish, yes, he got a big hunk of $$$