sdandrsn

FloJet Portable Macerator Pump

12 minutes ago, MWeiner said:

At our last camping trip, they had a mobile "honey wagon" service... they charged $30 and offered to come directly to your location.....We didn't need it, but, I'm sure that some people were willing to pay for this, especially since some of the rigs in the park were over 40 feet.   

What does being over 40feet have to do with anything?

Bill

Bill, 

Yeah, I just thru that out there.. maybe I should have not done that, sorry.. but, the campsite area was pretty small and congested...and moving a huge rig around to the sparsely available dump stations was clearly not easy.... and I'm guessing that some of the people were there for a longer period of time looking at their setup...so, coming out to them would have been easier for them.  Just a thought....

There were some "full hookups", but , not many. 

---Mark

If no full hookup, I just carry my honeywagon along, 5 dumps @ $30.00, it would have been paid for. Pulls nicely behind the miniature golf cart.

We are waiting on the honey wagon as I type this.  $15 but it's better than trying to get out of my current site and work around this very tight campground in Va Beach only to return to my site a few minutes later.  It also helps that the company will pay for my charges anyway!

I could see the value in a portable Macerator if you empty at home and had to push it up hill or a long distance, snap it on, plug it in and go. Not practical for daily use. Part of proper tank cleaning is the help of the vortex created when the water is draining rapidly.

I have Campgrounds locally that will allow dump station use for $5.00 if you are not staying there. I usually just dump somewhere (truck stop campground etc) close to home on the way back. We have no sewer clean our (that I can find) on our property to empty our tanks, and there is absolutely no way I'm pumping that into a toilet in the house. My wife doesn't like shoes worn in the house, I can't imagine her face dragging a Macerator hose inside :lol:.

11 hours ago, jleamont said:

I could see the value in a portable Macerator if you empty at home and had to push it up hill or a long distance, snap it on, plug it in and go. Not practical for daily use. Part of proper tank cleaning is the help of the vortex created when the water is draining rapidly.

I have Campgrounds locally that will allow dump station use for $5.00 if you are not staying there. I usually just dump somewhere (truck stop campground etc) close to home on the way back. We have no sewer clean our (that I can find) on our property to empty our tanks, and there is absolutely no way I'm pumping that into a toilet in the house. My wife doesn't like shoes worn in the house, I can't imagine her face dragging a Macerator hose inside :lol:.

Look for a clean out on the sewer line.  I found mine along side of my driveway going to the street.  Put a y connector and plumbed a fitting next to my driveway.  I have full hookups in my driveway so all I have to do is dump my tanks on the way to parking it in the garage.

DD, ours runs out the back of the house to a common main the runs at the rear of the hose that backs up to us. I need a metal detector, it must be below ground. With that being said that's a long run for me, but if I could make it work it would be great, then I too would have full hookups at home.

43 minutes ago, jleamont said:

DD, ours runs out the back of the house to a common main the runs at the rear of the hose that backs up to us. I need a metal detector, it must be below ground. With that being said that's a long run for me, but if I could make it work it would be great, then I too would have full hookups at home.

Being in the frigid north you may not have one outside. Do you have a basement? You could add one with a little pick and shovel work.:P Dig down and add a T to your sewer line.

Bill

Bill, we have a basement, that line is around 7-8' down. I dug above it to change the grade of the yard and built a paver patio in 06', buried the old concrete patio above it. You may be right!

Joe, I seem to remember there being a clean out in the basement where the line goes out the wall. Digging may be your only option.:o

Bill