rfsod48

Wash Wax All

5 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Sorry TimeT, I started this with a commit about the residue left on your windows when using a wash and wax product on coach windows. Then I digressed to the question about Bon Ami spray cleaner for windows. 

Wayne, 

Thanks for finding the ads. I was about to think I had only dreamed about the Bon AMi window cleaner.

Sorry to have digressed from the Topic but again thanks Wayne.

Herman

I didn't digress, I mentioned Wash Wax!

5 hours ago, manholt said:

I'll be nice and get Herman a six pack. :wub:

Why Herman? I'm the one who found the information. What else did he bribe you with?

Did he say he would wash/wax your vehicle. (Had to slip that in.)

When I wax the coach I will start with the Bay doors. I can open them and do each one of them at a time. When I finish the Bay doors I then do everything in between and below the side rail. Most all of this can be done standing or sitting on a short rolling stool. I then do all around all sides as far up as I can reach. By then I need Bengay and a very hot shower. And eventually  I even get around to every place I couldn't reach standing up. I really don't like going up the ladder, do a area going down the ladder, move the ladder then repeat the same thing at least 20 times. (too frugal (aka cheap), to hire it done) 

Herman

The bus is 41.5 ft., I have 5 scaffold bucks that are five ft. tall, four sets of aluminum walk boards ten ft. long. I place these alongside the bus, eight ft. ladder to climb up on the scaffolding, and as Herman, a rolling stool. I wash wax the coach from top down to the scaffolding from my rolling position, then drive forward away from scaffold, place the rolling step stool on the ground to finish the job. Broke my pelvis in three places back in 1998, and standing for long periods really is painful. You aint alone Herman as the good ole southern boys love to talk, by the way, I was in Houston in February 2017, nearly everyone, even the Hispanics, have no problem with aint, but if aint aint a word, better watch out for those isn'ts. LOL Glad to see Bon Ami still exists, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Mrs. Herman doing the windows, while he wash waxes.