Sign in to follow this  
rfsod48

Battery Case Recommended For AGM Batteries?

I am replacing my house batteries and was wondering if a battery case is a good idea? They are located in a rear storage bin with open air to the motor. Currently don't have case. I am getting AGM type batteries.

I have 6 AGMs in a similar situation.  I built the rack to hold the batteries so there is no hold downs required.  It is open to the engine compartment.  I don't see a need for boxes.

Yeah, surely you can go with it. I will suggest you to install 6 VDC batteries. AGM is also good.

7 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

I am replacing my house batteries and was wondering if a battery case is a good idea? They are located in a rear storage bin with open air to the motor. Currently don't have case. I am getting AGM type batteries.

Roland, I have trays under all the batteries that help slide them in and out, but Having them is cases could make disconnecting them for maintenance work a little tricky.

Rich.

Since AGM's are pretty well sealed (yes vent under extreme over-charging), putting them in a battery case would keep the terminals/connections cleaner, but would also hold heat in (a negative) when they are being charged.