wildebill308

Campgrounds When Evacuating Ahead Of Hurricane Irma

This may help those evacuating ahead of Hurricane Irma.

"Those interested in RV or tent camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway should enter the facility at Entrance "E" off GA Highway 19/41. The Unreserved Campgrounds will be on the left. From I-75 and GA Highway 20, campers should see signs to AMS and follow Lower Woolsey road to Entrance “H” and the Speedway Credential Building. Make a right into Speedway property and then another immediate right onto Richard Petty Boulevard. Follow Richard Petty Boulevard and turn left into Entrance “G”. The campgrounds will be on the right."

Wednesday afternoon, Talladega Speedway announced it is also opening part of its campgrounds to evacuees. Those campgrounds include hot shower and restroom facilities, as well as water hookups on gravel and grassy areas.

Reference, http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-motor-speedway-opens-campgrounds-to-hurricane-irma-evacuees/604159342

Bill

WBILL.  Good info!  I would head as far North West as possible in the 5 day's allotted to me!  Looks like Irma is going to make Harvey look like a step child...that is one big storm!  I don't know where your at for the moment, but you need to think about going West ASAP.

WBILL.  I wasn't sure if you had gone further South yet.  Irma may change your plan some!  From it's current position, I would not be anywhere near the Carolinas, or coastal Virginia.  Probably Georgia also!