ROBNCJ

Brake Light ?Fuse? 1999/2000 Safari Continental

Previously I asked for help with my brake lights not working when brake pedal was applied, so I needed to find the fuse box.  I was told from several sources where they might be located but to no avail.

This morning I called Monaco for the second time and talked to a gal named Deb who finally gave me a great answer which was that the 1999~2000 Safari Continental's were not made with fuses but relays only.  What a relief I finally have, so now I can isolate the relay using one of the K-6 ~K9 which are all compatible to see if the brake relay is not good.

Please pass on to all who may not know this from the lay people as well as the tech's in this industry.

While I hope the advice you got from Monaco is helpful, I have trouble believing that a fuse (or fuse box) was replaced by RELAYS.  BREAKERS (either auto-reset or manual-reset) is more believable.

Could there also be a relay involved-- sure, that that is not what would protect the wiring (the job of a fuse or breaker).

On 10/16/2017 at 2:53 PM, ROBNCJ said:

Previously I asked for help with my brake lights not working when brake pedal was applied, so I needed to find the fuse box.  I was told from several sources where they might be located but to no avail.

This morning I called Monaco for the second time and talked to a gal named Deb who finally gave me a great answer which was that the 1999~2000 Safari Continental's were not made with fuses but relays only.  What a relief I finally have, so now I can isolate the relay using one of the K-6 ~K9 which are all compatible to see if the brake relay is not good.

Please pass on to all who may not know this from the lay people as well as the tech's in this industry.

Robncj, The fuse you are looking for might be the turn signal fuse in this drawing, that shows the relay wiring you might find matches or is close to what you have.

There is a time gap from you original post - so not sure where you are at today   .Saf-TURN SIG 2.

The brake lights are often the same bulbs that indicate the brakes are being applied.

Rich.

Well that could be correct but I have not had to trouble shoot my coach there as of yet. Yes Bret many of the functions are controlled by the small in out relays two posts only that flutter when there is a problem until they die. But that said in the battery box or the engine bay there is a control module, black that has 6 covered fuses in it. It is very non-descript and easily overlooked if you do not know what it is. Have a look for it. Please see a PM