GRIFFIN66J

Bad Experience At A Campground

We recently stayed at a campground in Michigan named Traverse Bay Resort.  We stayed there twice last summer and it is a very nice campground.  We had to leave a day early on the second trip due a death in our family.  When I went to check out I was notified the owner would have to approve a credit for the night we would not be staying.  After a month, I called the resort and spoke with the manger and was rudely told there would be no credit.  I asked if I had signed something that said I was locked into the four nights and his response was they don't give credits.  When I told him I would be disputing this charge with my credit card company, he again rudely said "bring it on baby, I'm ready for you".  I thought it would be appropriate to let other people know how rude this person was and it really isn't about a credit, but how some people conduct business.  We were actually considering purchasing one of their sites before this happened.  Now you couldn't give me one.  His name incidentally is David Scheppe. 

It appears CGs are not nearly as congenial as hotels and motels.  For most CGs, if you have a registration, be it for a day or a week, if you cancel for any reason at any time, you will be charged at least the first night's stay.  You have to watch them, they are slick.  We spent a week at Riverview RV Park in Vidalia, LA.  Their policy was to charge one night, none refundable when making the reservation, the rest payable upon arrival.  When I checked my credit card I noticed they had charged me nearly $250, the full amount...two months prior to our arrival!:angry:

I agree with previous posts, I looks like refunds for unused days is the exception, not the rule.  Still no excuse for explaining the policy to you in a rude way.

May I suggest you put a review for this park in at this site:

www.rvparkreviews.com.

Lots of people read these reviews, and your info might prove useful.

If you do a review and post it anywhere, make sure that you stick to the facts, don't allow it to become personal and be very careful in your choice of words from the other party!  Yours will be in writing.