Has anyone had a problem getting their microwave repaired in your MH?

We are traveling in South Carolina and our unit isn’t working and no one will come and look at it ?!?

We are covered under warranty but they won’t let us replace it until someone looks at it. Kind of a catch 22 if you ask me. Any suggestions 

Welcome to the forum.

I went through that a couple years ago. I didn't have a warranty but no one wants to work on microwaves. Especially if you have it out. They wanted to charge a "service charge" to come out and say out was bad.

Have you tried the Geek Squad? or who have you tried and did you say you had a "warranty "? I bet they don't want to deal with a warranty company. 

Bill

My Sharp MW quits working a few years ago and I found a trouble shooting chart on a GOOGLE search.

Found an example of the problem that I was experiencing and orders the parts on line (less than $15) once I had parts in hand I proceed to remove and dismantle MW until I found the parts that matched the parts that I had purchased.

The hardest part of the job was getting the MW off the wall.

It's still working fine, the repair was made 6 years ago.

Jim

My trouble shooting indicated the magnetron was bad so I just bought a new microwave/convection oven. Found the same model so it fit in the same spot.

abyrd, I know what you mean, they put big bead of silicone on the back to keep it in place. I was glad I put some cushions on top of the stove.:)

Bill

There are some some very good repair folks out there but they can be hard to find and they are not going to come to you.  Remove the unit, take it to them, let them fix it and then re-install.  Found a great guy in the Houston area and all it turned out to be was the door switch had gone bad.  About $100 later I was good to go.  Mine as a convection/microwave but if yours is just a microwave you might do just as well to replace it.

Sad as it seems, microwave ovens have largely become a throw-away item. We bought our last one for just over $100, and it was a pretty good unit. It would never pay to bring it for service when they can be replaced so inexpensively.

Of course, our current coach has its original Thermador microwave, circa 1974. Still works. Any minute now I expect the time police to come ask for it back.

Wayne.

It would help to know what make and model MW you have.  Since it's under warranty, is this a new coach...if so, contact a dealer in the area your now in or going!

Unfortunately Richard is right.  Microwaves, TVs and a lot of other electronics are disposable and often more expensive to repair.

Being under warranty, I'd guess the repair man would say "yup it's bad" and the MH maker will ship out a new unit.

If you're handy you might check the Flux Capacitor.

Blake

With no information on the OP's coach, we don't know if it is covered under manufactures warranty or a aftermarket warranty. I don't think the places he is talking to want to deal with a warranty situation.  With no response to questions I can't help.

Bill

Dang it, Blake!  I was keeping the fix close to the vest waiting for the OP to come back now you've blown it. Each time I've needed to repair/replace the flux capacitor, it has been very straight forward and simple...even for an Aggie.