Sign in to follow this  
rcieslak67

Dinnette LIght Fixture

We purchased a 2009 Scepter three weeks ago and our dinette light does not work. I installed 2 led bulbs and it will not work.

It worked with the incandescent bulbs and will not work after I re-installed them. I checked the fixture and it indicates no power

with the switch on. We have those push button switches and I'm not familiar with them, is there something internal to these switches

that would cause it not to work for this light. I installed LED bulbs in other fixtures in this motorhome and they work great.

rci,

Did you take the fixture off the wall and check that the wiring had not come loose? Did you measure the voltage "before" the switch?

Yes, the switch could be bad and if so you can try finding one that matches what you have and replace it. The back side of the switch should have the primary wire going in and then a secondary wire going to the socket.  Check the wire on the primary side and if it has voltage and non on the secondary side when the switch is pushed then it is the switch.  If you have voltage on both sides them it is probably in the socket.

As Wayne said check the switch before and after to make sure you have power in and on the out side of the switch. Also check the switch for continuity.

I had one of my scorches aka reading lights do the same thing. Thought I was going to have to replace both so they would match. The parts man at Bayou Outdoors RV in Shreveport looked at the socket and fixed the light. It is a 12 volt light and required a bulb with 2 pins and not just one. It seems that the connectors in the base had shifted and the pins would not make contact. He twisted the contact in the base til they would line up when the bulb was put in and turned in the connections. Works like a dream now.

Herman