robandbarb

U.S. Hwy 2 Between Leavenworth WA & Everett WA

Question

We are planning a trip this summer that will take us all the way to the coast.  We will be going to Leavenworth for a few days and then on to the coast.  Hwy 2 looks like the shortest route and likely the most scenic.  But, I'm not sure if it's the best route with an RV.  We have a 35ft A class and will be towing.

I've heard it was OK but I know there is a pass to cross and just wasn't sure the width and shape of the hwy.  Has anyone out there taking this path with a motorhome?  How was the experience? 

Thank you,

Barb

4 answers to this question

US2 between Leavenworth WA and I-5 is a beautiful drive. Have even run it in the winter(former trucker). If I found myself in that part of Washington state and wanted to head to the coast, that is the route I would use. We have 330 Cat for power and we tow. The pass is named Stevens. Any other route from Leavenworth to the coast would add many miles to your trip.

3 hours ago, ObedB said:

US2 between Leavenworth WA and I-5 is a beautiful drive. Have even run it in the winter(former trucker). If I found myself in that part of Washington state and wanted to head to the coast, that is the route I would use. We have 330 Cat for power and we tow. The pass is named Stevens. Any other route from Leavenworth to the coast would add many miles to your trip.

Thank you for your help.  I was hoping that was the answer.

I have taken that route many times with my coach as most visitors to our home want to visit Leavenworth.   When you get to Leavenworth look for a large parking lot on the left and you can park and explore the town without paying for parking.  There are some nice German Bavarian-style restaurants there and I recommend you explore them also.