astmi

RV Mask/Diamond Shield

Ernie, you and I are lucky, we don't need one of those dreadful (if it has become in disrepair) things. Stainless steel last for a long time, and can be repolished if needed, LOL 😎. If did have one and it began to look bad, not cracked or turning loose, I would simply paint it with a peelable paint to make it look good. I did this to a coach several years ago, the owner loved the outcome.

Edited by kaypsmith

This stuff is peelable paint, leave it on until you are tired of it then peel it off and the surface below looks just like it did before you painted it. 

Carl, if you DIY, this stuff is cheap, HomeDepot sells a case of this stuff (6 spray cans) for less than $50.00, you can paint the DS with 3 cans. Comes in 4 colors plus gold and silver, is water base, and as stated, if you get tired of the color, just peel it off.

2006 coach; don't know when the DS was applied but assume on or before the original sale -- ugh.  Mold infested.  When I get around to it I'm going to get the product shown in the video earlier in this thread and start working on it with patience when time allows.  At our last campground we saw a gray coach that was almost solid brown with DS mold.  

Manholt, you're right about lovebugs. Birds won't eat them because of the acid, and they will pit paint if not removed.  I think something about gasoline and/or diesel fumes attract them; I've never noticed them away from roadways.