punxsyjumper

Tucson Thru El Paso & Then The RGV

At Davis-Montham Fam camp in Tucson getting Sweetie Pie's leg fixed up. We'll be here till the end of the month while she does her therapy.

Then it is east to El Paso for a few days and then down thru the RGV. Got to check out all the hoopla everybody is talking about.

After that it will be up along the gulf coast and into Lafayette LA around the middle of April.

Will leave there around May 1st and over to Rome GA then TN and KY and up to PA.

Anybody want to meet up?

We have stayed at Sunny Acres RV Park, 595 N Valley Dr # 75, Las Cruces, NM 88005, sunnyacresrv.com,(575) 524-1716. 

If you are coming into the San Antonio are on I-10 I would jog up to Fredericksburg. I hilly recommend visiting  National Museum of the Pacific War, 340 E Main St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624, pacificwarmuseum.org,(830) 997-8600. This is part of the Smithsonian and they have Admiral Nimitz home.

We have stayed at Oakwood RV Resort, 78 FM2093, Fredericksburg, TX 78624, oakwoodrvresort.com, (830) 997-9817.  You can get back on I-10 to San Antonio or continue South on I-35 to Laredo.

We have stayed hear, Texas Trails RV Resort, 501 W Owassa Rd, Pharr, TX 78577, texastrailsrv.com, (956) 782-7886.

Something to see when in the RGV is the The United States Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial) Well the original plaster working model for it. The original plaster working model for the bronze and granite memorial statue currently stands in Harlingen, Texas at the Marine Military Academy, a private Marine Corps-inspired youth military academy.

You can follow I-2 to the coast and South Padre Island. 

Bill

You might want to take Hwy. 90 out of Van Horn and detour south from Alpine (Hwy. 118) to Big Bend National Park and 385 to join 90 again, continue on 90E to San Antonio, then take Hwy. 281 into Edinburg. Lots of choices from there. :) As Bill said Hwy. 2 (Freeway) to Harlingen.  I-77 goes to Brownsville.  Or North to CC and I-59 or Hwy. 35E.

Anything you want to know about Cajun Country, let us know!  We seem to have a bunch on this Forum!  Me, I only have a hunting/fishing camp South of Hwy. 14.:D 12 miles to Abbeville and 3 miles to Forked Island. 

54 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

We have stayed at Sunny Acres RV Park, 595 N Valley Dr # 75, Las Cruces, NM 88005, sunnyacresrv.com,(575) 524-1716. 

If you are coming into the San Antonio are on I-10 I would jog up to Fredericksburg. I hilly recommend visiting  National Museum of the Pacific War, 340 E Main St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624, pacificwarmuseum.org,(830) 997-8600. This is part of the Smithsonian and they have Admiral Nimitz home.

We have stayed at Oakwood RV Resort, 78 FM2093, Fredericksburg, TX 78624, oakwoodrvresort.com, (830) 997-9817.  You can get back on I-10 to San Antonio or continue South on I-35 to Laredo.

We have stayed hear, Texas Trails RV Resort, 501 W Owassa Rd, Pharr, TX 78577, texastrailsrv.com, (956) 782-7886.

Something to see when in the RGV is the The United States Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial) Well the original plaster working model for it. The original plaster working model for the bronze and granite memorial statue currently stands in Harlingen, Texas at the Marine Military Academy, a private Marine Corps-inspired youth military academy.

You can follow I-2 to the coast and South Padre Island. 

Bill

Thanks Bill. We were at San Antonio in 2016 on our first trip. Not sure if we'll get up that way this time but thanks for the tips.

35 minutes ago, manholt said:

You might want to take Hwy. 90 out of Van Horn and detour south from Alpine (Hwy. 118) to Big Bend National Park and 385 to join 90 again, continue on 90E to San Antonio, then take Hwy. 281 into Edinburg. Lots of choices from there. :) As Bill said Hwy. 2 (Freeway) to Harlingen.  I-77 goes to Brownsville.  Or North to CC and I-59 or Hwy. 35E.

Anything you want to know about Cajun Country, let us know!  We seem to have a bunch on this Forum!  Me, I only have a hunting/fishing camp South of Hwy. 14.:D 12 miles to Abbeville and 3 miles to Forked Island. 

Yeh, we do want to go see Big Bend so good chance we will head down that way. Thanks Carl. Got a buddy in Lafayette who is a Cajun chef. He loves to cook and we love to eat, hehe.