ktconners

Chattanooga Area?

Hello everyone,

We would like to explore the Ruby Falls area this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice campground in the Chattanooga area. We are in 37’ class A and would like full hook ups. We have stayed in the NE Georgia Blue Ridge area in our tag-along but never in this western section...

Thanks in advance.....

Well we are hoping to leave end of April if that darn wiring harness for the Jeep Cherokee comes in. We still have to get a way to tow our vehicle and that has not been going very well...

Holiday Travel Park is the nicest in town.  Nice pull throughs with plenty of shade.  Exit 1 on I75.  10-15 minutes to downtown and to Rock City and Ruby Falls.  Lots to do in Chattanooga.  The riverfront is very nice.  River walk is great for walking or bikes.  Enjoy

Thanks, I was wondering about Holiday Park. It seemed to be in a good location for what we had in mind. The different falls/hikes up in that area look awesome...

vwdavis.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!:)

If you look under my first name...you can add all the pertinent information about your RV and toad or puller.  That way, something comes up in the future, we can help you easier! :D

Only campground near Ruby Falls at Chattanooga Tn., is Raccoon Mountain, very nice CG, is located at the Ruby Falls exit on I-24. http://www.raccoonmountain.com/

We stay there twice a year on the way to Gatlinburg, Sue likes to break the drive, 200 miles from home and 120 from there to Gatlinburg.

Kay thank you! Just a question. Did you guys stay in the premier drive through sites? If so, did you find you had enough outdoor room from your neighbor? I was reading a few reviews and it sounds really nice. A few folks were complaining that the spots were very tight, right on top of each other. Did you guys find that to be true? Location looks great also. Also it looks like this used to be called Chattanooga RV Park so it must have been bought by someone and renamed Raccoon Mountain....

2 hours ago, ktconners said:

Kay thank you! Just a question. Did you guys stay in the premier drive through sites? If so, did you find you had enough outdoor room from your neighbor? I was reading a few reviews and it sounds really nice. A few folks were complaining that the spots were very tight, right on top of each other. Did you guys find that to be true? Location looks great also. Also it looks like this used to be called Chattanooga RV Park so it must have been bought by someone and renamed Raccoon Mountain....

I think Raccoon Mountain markets better. 

You know you can go look at the park on Google Earth? Looks like a pretty nice park. Interesting that I could do street view right in the park. Most places apparently don't let the car  with all the cameras on it (from Google) to drive around on their property. I have seen them filming several times.

Bill

22 hours ago, ktconners said:

We did not stay in the premier area. The Park has been called Raccoon Mountain ever since I started going there in 2007. Last year when we arrived, we learned that it has been acquired by new owners since our last stay. The park has been very nice for the entire time that we have been using it, but the new owners seem to have taken an interest in updating it, and the new section was under construction last July. They have also added a huge fenced in play area for dogs, that is gated and you are asked that turns be taken in allowing your dog/dogs occupy the area so others may make good use of the area as well, we thought this to be a good idea, as we have four Yorkies who play well together, but will not tolerate unknown canine in the same play area, they wont fight, but will come to their masters for protection. We were very good friends with the previous owners and sad not to have found them there any longer, but the new owners seem to be terrific also. Many of the old worker staff were still there, making us feel very comfortable. Also there is an old mine on the premises, with tours of that if anyone is interested in a cave tour. One other note, all the sites are drive through, and turns are very easy with any rig, some are shorter, but the staff assigns your site with careful consideration to your coach length. I always tow a vehicle and can leave the toad attached, which we usually remove the toad, because there is so much to see and do while in the area. Walmart, and other great shopping is within 3 miles and lots of good eating choices as well.