Sign in to follow this  
STEVE49333

buying salvage motorhome

I finished redoing my 2003 Pace Arrow and it looks great. Everything works and we love it. I have been thinking about buying a salvaged MH but worried about stigma on resale. I can have it inspected and get a rebuilt title from the state but it will carry the stamp on the title  I would inform new buyer os coarse and show pics of repaired areas but am hesitant. Any thoughts?

It depends on how and where its damaged and of course the price.  You will have to find a buyer that is not scared of it because it has a salvage title and the repair work has to be flawless.  The price when you sell it has to be cheap enough.

Good Luck ! 

DD69, Ditto on the flawless and like Real Estate, disclosure is paramount on everything!   

14 hours ago, MJENN18 said:

Tell your insurance company it has a Rebuilt /Salvage title and watch the price more than double if you can find ins. ! Been there done that  !

I located a 2010 Fleetwood Expedition before we bought this MH. It was totally rebuilt and appeared "as-new". Checked with my ins. company  and they declined to offer coverage; they referred me to a different/unknown to me ins. company who quoted a horrific price IMO. Never again will I consider buying any rebuilt vehicle.