tmatador2000

03 Monaco Dynasty Recalls?

HI,  I am new to Rv'ing and I have purchased a 2003 Monaco Dynasty. I have used it a few times at campgrounds close to home to get used to what Rv'ing is about or what I need to have with me.

Anyway my question is I have seen a few things here and there about people having this year of Dynasty catch fire and burn because of some kind of issue with the Norcold fridge but I am having trouble getting any details about the issue.  One person told there was a recall on the 2003 model for the fridge but I cant find any info about that either.   Where would I find this info?  Is there way for me to know if maybe mine has already had the recall work done to it?

Most I have talked to have just replaced the Norcold with a residential fridge,  Would that be your suggestion that I should do.

Thanks!!

tmatador,

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes there have been several recall on Norcold Units. It mainly revolved around the Model 1200. But it is not just with Monaco Dynasty, it is with every Norcold Model 1200 unit.

You may get your serial number from your Norcold and check with them as to whether the two recalls have been preformed. Most people will replace the Norcold with  a residential refrigerator, others have opted to replace the cooling unit with a one made by the Amish. Sorry I do not know the name.

Good luck and again Welcome.

Heramn