lylefikse

Nano treatment

Dealer is suggesting an Nano Care treatment for our new RV.  Anyone have experience with this?  Says no need to wax for 7 years.  Claims it will prevent paint damage from sun .  Our RV lives outside full time so that sounds attractive.  Full treatment of fabrics inside to prevent stains.  Treatment on headlight to resist fogging.  If it works for washing and no waxing the cost would be cheaper in the long run than paying someone to wax the coach each year.

I am skeptical of ads that claim you won't have to wax the MH for seven years.  What do they have that Meguires, Nu Finish, etc don't have?  The prevention of fabric stains is a long time money making gimmick for car dealers.  No mention of price.

If I had a new DSDP, I'd be looking for covered storage.  

On edit, here's their link:  http://nanocareproducts.com/best-car-paint-protection-coating-products/

Pure snake oil. They love to throw in buzz words. Nano is one that is currently hot.

One of my first jobs as teenager back in the early 60s was for a car dealer. My job was to was wash and then wax the recently purchased cars. I was putting on the special treatment that the dealer sold for a $200 upcharge. It was guaranteed for 5 years. What I actually used was Future floor wax that was also used to do the showroom floor. That upcharge was pure profit. The only difference between 60 some years ago and now is that the prices have gone up.

My 2008 MH after 9 years looked just as good on the outside as it did the day I bought it, maybe even better.  It had never been "waxed," but it was washed regularly and a de-ionized rinse uesed. Never used a brush, always a microfiber cloth/mop. 

Present 2015 I purchased used and someone used a buffer or non-microfiber rag and washed it in circles. When the sun is just right you can see the swirl marks.  However I am back to the same way to wash it as the 2008.  It still is looking good.

I'm also now using Wash Wax All.