Air Stream trailer, was not ever, intended to look like it was chrome dipped....Sorry, had to say it. LOL

Think I'll stick to my $9 a bottle of Lucas Slick Mist. :)  $9 for 2X on a 45 foot Coach &Toad...That's hard to beat ! :wub:

I assume you both have a fiberglass roof. This is my first motorhome with a fiberglass roof and I've been debating how to best seal it to lessen the white streaks. My first thought was to use ReJex and now I see Carl is using Lucas Slick Mist. How often do you apply the Lucas and does it do a good job keeping the streaking in check?

Jim, I always had it waxed to keep it protected, worked well, once it wore off I would see some streaking down the sides. I also have some clear coat peeling at the very top on the flat surface. the Stuff above if over lapped and properly prepped will keep that protected. Its also a UV blocker, which was a huge selling point.

I have an aluminum roof (it's a bus, after all) which was painted white. Most of the paint is still solid and in place, but across the entire roof the paint had become chalky and left white streaks down the sides every time it rained. Sometimes it seemed to leave streaks if the weather just got humid.

After watching a number of people use Zep High Gloss Wet-Look liquid floor wax, I decided to give it a try. After all, it was not going to do any permanent damage and might help. The Y-Tube videos all looked like it helped.

I'm happy to report that after applying 3 coats (about 1-1/3 gallons for a 35-foot bus) the results are really remarkable. Nice smooth glossy finish, and after a deluge yesterday it is still there doing its job. My guess is that I'll have to reapply every year, but it was not that tough. And best of all, there is no streaking down the sides after the deluge.

My one recommendation is to be sure that the roof is clean. Spotless, actually. I applied with a micro-fiber towel mostly and used a sponge mop for the places I couldn't reach from the ladder. The second coat was done after some time had passed, and dust had settled on the roof. I could see the dust suspended in the third coat as I started to work. Lesson learned, and then I wiped down the roof again before continuing and all was good. Be careful not to let the stuff drip or run where you don't want it, as it's really difficult to get off once dried.

Now that's a first.  The stuff Joe want's to use, seems to be best suited for the sides of metal skin trailers and you!  Not roofing.