lylefikse

Weighing new coach

We expect our new 4369 Dutch Star next month.  Many delays so very anxious.  My question is about weighing a coach with a tag axle.  Tag is new to us.  What math do I use to get the right pressure for all four corners?  We have a local grain elevator where I can weigh by corner (after hours).  Do I weigh the tag separate? 

4 hours ago, lylefikse said:

Do I weigh the tag separate? 

In a word, YES.  Weight on the tag is critical in balancing front to rear loads.

Ideal is to have the same percent of GAWR on each axle.

On some coaches (chassis) the load on the tag is easily adjustable.  Not so on others.

Lyle,

Just to let you know your Topic went in twice and I deleted one of them. 

Most tire manufacturers have a chart that will tell you the  pressures to run in your tires. Brett correct me if I am wrong , but I believe you use the heaver of the two tire on an axle for the weight for PSI to run.

4 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Brett correct me if I am wrong , but I believe you use the heaver of the two tire on an axle for the weight for PSI to run.

Correct.  Take the heavier wheel position on each axle to go to the Inflation table to determine the MINIMUM PSI for all tires on that axle.

Thanks for the quick response.  Expect delivery of our new coach late June.  After our fire last year can wait to get on the road again.  But safely with correct tire pressures. 

On 5/22/2018 at 7:20 AM, lylefikse said:

We expect our new 4369 Dutch Star next month.  Many delays so very anxious.  My question is about weighing a coach with a tag axle.  Tag is new to us.  What math do I use to get the right pressure for all four corners?  We have a local grain elevator where I can weigh by corner (after hours).  Do I weigh the tag separate? 

Make sure the wheel on the same axle that you are weighing is at the same exact height (level) and the rest of the coach is level otherwise the readings will be off.  You need to do each wheel position individually not the corner.