brown774

Norcold 4 Door Frig

We have the 4 door Norcold Frig/Freezer which has the ice maker option. The ice maker fills and freezes but won't drop ice to bin. Everything is plugged in any ideas?

You may have a bad drive motor in the Ice maker. You can find a replacement in most appliance parts locations. Remove  two screws lift it off, unplug, replug and reinstall the two screws. Last one I bought was $125.00 plus tax. but that was about six years ago.

Herman

Well I ordered the new ice maker and installed it but now it will not

fill the ice tray. The electric plug only goes in one way, there is water to the fill valve, but not to the tray. I could not find a circuit breaker or fuse near the fill valve. ???? One heads up to anyone attempting this RR be sure to determine if it is a rear fill or side fill, you have to cut out the proper piece on the filler.

23 hours ago, brown774 said:

Well I ordered the new ice maker and installed it but now it will not

fill the ice tray. The electric plug only goes in one way, there is water to the fill valve, but not to the tray. I could not find a circuit breaker or fuse near the fill valve. ???? One heads up to anyone attempting this RR be sure to determine if it is a rear fill or side fill, you have to cut out the proper piece on the filler.

Do you have 120V at the plug?  Is the RV inverter turned on?  The fridge ice maker normally plugs into an outlet powered by the inverter so the ice maker will operate while dry camping.   You could switch the ice maker cord to the other outlet, which powers the heater element for the cooling system, to see if that helps.

Also you can carefully pop off the cover (approximately 3"x3") on the front of the ice maker and manually turn the gears and if it has power the motor will start running and go though a cycle.  As I remember there is 5/16" screw or nut head on the gear on the one I worked on several (10?) years ago.  The cover is a little hard to pop off, be careful not to damage it.  Be sure to look for the arrow pointing in the direction to turn the gear.

Al, there is the cover but if I am not mistaken the Ice Maker in a Norcold set side ways and must be removed to remove the cover. It's a very close fit.

Herman 

Ice maker works now, I just needed to bleed the air out of the line. It took about 24hrs to get all the air out. Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, slowe said:

how did you bleed the air out of the line

steve

Steve, I bet he just let it cykle through the fill cycle to bleed out the air.  

Bill