LandP

Front turn signal 2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus

Welcome to the forum. If you can snap a picture of the turn lamp assembly and post, it may be the same as on another brand coach than yours and may get a quicker answer than waiting for someone with 2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus.

8 hours ago, LandP said:

Howdy,

Any one know how to change front turn lamp? I can't find a way to reach it. 

Thanks

Phil

Welcome to the forum. Have you looked at the back?

Bill

2 hours ago, manholt said:

The cover snaps off. 

I found pictures Carl, it is rear access, don't want to break that thing. Replacements for those are $102.50 on Amazon, not including bulbs. Headlight bulbs are rear replacement also on that model.

Yes. But I couldn't find anything. Or my searches weren't smart enough. 

It does seem like it is accessed from the back through the generator cavity. I can reach the headlight bulb but the turn signal is 6" out of my reach. 

1 hour ago, LandP said:

Yes. But I couldn't find anything. Or my searches weren't smart enough. 

It does seem like it is accessed from the back through the generator cavity. I can reach the headlight bulb but the turn signal is 6" out of my reach. 

If its covered over the only other access would be to remove the lamp as a unit, replace the bulb and reinstall. They usually mount from the rear, can you stick a phone back in there and snap a photo?

Thanks. I've come to that conclusion. There 8 screws that hold the headlight to to front cap. Looks like if I take them out I will be able to move the fixture co I could access the turn bulb. 

Not so wonderful engineering. 

Thanks everyone. 

Phil

Do me a favor LandP, go look at the one that is working. See if it is the out board light that is lighting the amber lense. I found these same Doge headlights and am not shure how they light the amber lense. I don't see any outher wires or bulbs on the back. 

Bill

29 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Do me a favor LandP, go look at the one that is working. See if it is the out board light that is lighting the amber lense. I found these same Doge headlights and am not shure how they light the amber lense. I don't see any outher wires or bulbs on the back. 

Bill

Yes sir it's the out board amber light. It has wires going to it. It also is a socket. I just can't see anyway to change it without un bolting the whole assembly from the front cap. 

Here is a picture of the back side, the bulb appears to be a twist type application. with some type visual aid, mirror or phone camera, a long handle plier or channel lock, I would bet that it can be maneuvered out and back in with the replacement.1406704035_61mV3vKg13L._SL1200_1.thumb.jpg.c2e1f14a1bc536b5f0f93bffaf74b27e.jpg

If you have not done it.  I would call Tiffin Tech in Red Bay, AL.  There is also a Allegro owners Forum!  Bet others have had this issue. :wacko: