Sign in to follow this  
kwl0525

Options for replacement or repair of RVA Jacks

I have a 2003 Monaco Cayman that has the RVA JII 22.5A jack system and one of the jacks is leaking fluid when extended.  Apparently RVA is now out of business so contacting them isn't an option, and other hydraulic levels by other manufacturers are not compatible.   I did contact HWH to see if they have a replacement system, but their 4 point leveling systems aren't compatible with the Roadmaster chassis on my unit (an R4R), so that isn't an option.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this thing fixed?  I'm going to check with some hydraulic system  companies locally to see if they could possible work on this thing, but I'll take any suggestions....

Thanks!

On 10/18/2018 at 9:20 PM, kwl0525 said:

I have a 2003 Monaco Cayman that has the RVA JII 22.5A jack system and one of the jacks is leaking fluid when extended.  Apparently RVA is now out of business so contacting them isn't an option, and other hydraulic levels by other manufacturers are not compatible.   I did contact HWH to see if they have a replacement system, but their 4 point leveling systems aren't compatible with the Roadmaster chassis on my unit (an R4R), so that isn't an option.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this thing fixed?  I'm going to check with some hydraulic system  companies locally to see if they could possible work on this thing, but I'll take any suggestions....

Thanks!

Many hydraulic  shops can repair the cylinders. This is a manual for the system that should offer some help with the repair of the system and how they are wired and plumed. many of the parts used are available or adaptable to the older systems 

RVA leveling PDF file covers system operation, hydraulics and wiring.

Hydraulic system parts offers some information on the 12 volt operated jack valve parts that should get you close to what was used to build the manifold system. There are other part outlets one can use.

The third PDF File is for the  ADD On For a slide Room.

Rich. 

RVA_Auto_Leveling_System_autopr80405.pdf

Hydraulic Leveling System parts.pdf

RVA Leveling System Slide out Kit information.pdf

Hey Rich do you have the addition to that manual that includes the slide. On a Safari an additional manifold was added to operate the slide. I need the electrical schematic .

Rich, good thought. Too many folks start to fret if they have a part that fails. If it is a Hydraulic hose, take it off go to a shop that builds hose's and have one made then put it back on. If it is a cylinder take it to a hydraulic repair shop have them rebuilt it then put it back on. There are so many options to making a repair it's funny. 

Herman

12 hours ago, rsbilledwards said:

Hey Rich do you have the addition to that manual that includes the slide. On a Safari an additional manifold was added to operate the slide. I need the electrical schematic .

Bill, I sent you a PM with a little information on the  add on for the slide out circuit and that extra manifold.

Rich.